OMG SNOW!
Anyone else getting fucking sick of the 24/7 local news coverage of the weather. Its like they think a bad ice storm is the END OF DAYS.

I really dont need to hear 10 stupid local schmuck director of bullshit department in a live news conference for 2 hours. Or better yet, that they're news broadcast has been live since 4am.

I thought we could get rid of all this weather crap with the digital tv stations for weather
[should not have shot the dolphin]
Agree. Whats really funny is when businesses and flights and schools are closing based on the weather forecast, not weather reality. They are drinking the Koolaid.

In the end its just another example of sensationalizing the news for ratings.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
No time to read forums, got to get back and check the weather. I hear we might get some freezing rain!!!!
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
SNOWPOCALYPSE!
Rizxen - Master of Clones
Riz Wrote:SNOWPOCALYPSE!

BLIZZALANCHE!!
SNOWNAMI!

We call em weather terrorists here in MN, every fucking storm is this life threatening event. It's ridiculous. We've got this one weatherman who wrote in his column in the paper that we average thirty life endangering weather events each year.

Really? Really?

What a fucking clown.
Skelas

Burnt to a crisp.
I guess they are life endangering in the sense that if you are standing in the storm in the nude on top of a mountain waving a metal sword at the sky and shouting "All Gods are pussies" then they could be life endangering storms.
Slamz Wrote:I guess they are life endangering in the sense that if you are standing in the storm in the nude on top of a mountain waving a metal sword at the sky and shouting "All Gods are pussies" then they could be life endangering storms.

Right. But then you wouldnt be watching TV Smile
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

omg, you guys are still alive?
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
Vanraw Wrote:
Slamz Wrote:I guess they are life endangering in the sense that if you are standing in the storm in the nude on top of a mountain waving a metal sword at the sky and shouting "All Gods are pussies" then they could be life endangering storms.

Right. But then you wouldnt be watching TV Smile

I assumed thats why he went to the top of the mount with a metal antenna in hand, to get better reception for his handheld TV.
Dustie Wrote:omg, you guys are still alive?

Have you had to shoot any looters trying to break into your home to warm up?
Looking out at my hot tub that has 13 inches of snow on top of it. Watching GMA and they are calling the storm "Epic". Epic??

I also thinks its funny how the weather reports stand out in the weather to report the news. "Look at me, Im in the Epic storm, as if I donthave a choice"....

/emote "gets up out of his recliner, walks to the kitchen to get another cup of coffee, thinks about firing up the snow blower now or after breakfast" Epic.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

What would you consider epic? My car was buried in 4 feet of snow because of the drifting, which "surpasses the ordinary" for me. Nothing life endangering, but pretty impressive nonetheless.
for some gamers loss of power and/or internet may constitute a life endangering weather event
Mistahapie - 50 Warlord or Champion <Defiant> - Faemist
Master Armorsmith / Weaponsmith
Airyth - 50 Pyromancer or Chloromancer <Defiant> - Faemist

Mistahapie - 70 <Defiant> Troll War Mannoroth
Airyth - <Defiant> 70 Troll Mage Mannoroth
Iriani <Innoruuk's Legion> 52 DE Enc - Ebay
Mistahapie Bedwetter <Defiant> 70 TR War - VZ
Airyth <Defiant> 70 DE Enc - VZ
Crinekx <Defiant> 70 Frg Wiz - VZ
Everytime I read this post, I keep thinking about when Snowreap is going to post, and what it might say... it makes me giggle.
Gameless (for now)
OMG ICE!
[Image: ice-small.jpg]
New World: Snowreap
Life is Feudal: Snowreap Iggles, Taralin Iggles, Preyz Iggles
Naval Action: Taralin Snow, Snowy Iggles
EQ2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Taralin, Disruption, Preyz, Taralynne, Snowy, Snowz
ESO: Snowreap, Yellowtail
PS2: Snowreap
GW2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Taralynne
RIFT: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Snowy
PotBS (British): Taralin Snow, Taralynne Snow, Snowy Iggles, Edward Snow
PotBS (Pirate): Taralin Snowden, Taralynne Snowden, Redshirt Snowden
WW2O: Snowreap
WAR: Snowreap, Preyz, Lbz, Leadz, Snowz, Taralin, Snowmeltz, Yellowtail, Snowbankz
APB: Snowreap, Sentenza
STO: Snowreap@Snowreap, Snowz@Snowreap
AoC: Yellowtail, Snowreap, Snowstorm, Redshirt
WoW (Horde): Snowreap, Savagery, Baelzenun, Wickedwendy, Taralin, Disruption, Scrouge, Bette
WoW (Alliance): Yellowtail, Wickedwendy, Snowreap
AC1: Snowstorm, Yellowtail, Shirt Ninja, Redshirt
*giggle*
Gameless (for now)
Yea, silly Americans and their one snowfall of the year down south.
I have piles or snow 6 feet tall on the side of my driveway, that is how much snow we have up here.
For some reason we are getting a melt in Alberta; it never melts in January and February.
Kakarat Keys ~ Thief ~ Guild Wars 2
Kakarat ~ Shaman ~ WoW ~
Kakarat ~ Witch Hunter ~ WAR:AoR
Riona ~ Knight of the Blazing Sun ~ WAR:AoR
Kakarat ~ Swashbuckler ~ EQ2 ~ Venekor
Eef Eigten[F-18]~ 60 Aracoix Rogue ~ Shadowbane
Kakarat ~ 60 Ogre Warrior ~ EQ ~ VZ
Ulfen Wrote:What would you consider epic? My car was buried in 4 feet of snow because of the drifting, which "surpasses the ordinary" for me. Nothing life endangering, but pretty impressive nonetheless.

Yes I agree it was impressive. The point is that they were calling it Epic before it got here.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

SNOMGWTF!!!!!!
Rizxen - Master of Clones
I'm not denying this storm is epic, it is, but they are the little boy who cried wolf, it's every storm that even sniffs the area is touted as Armageddon. The sad thing is, they every now and then are right, and then they get to point and say "See? See? I was right! It WAS life threatening!"

I remember as a 20 year old moron waiting until a storm was at it's worst, then jumping on my motorcycle to get home simply because it was 'fun'

Times have changed.
Skelas

Burnt to a crisp.
I have to wonder whether the number of people who die due to big snowstorms exceeds the number of people who don't die in things like routine traffic accidents because there are fewer people on the roads due to the weather.

-ken
New World: Snowreap
Life is Feudal: Snowreap Iggles, Taralin Iggles, Preyz Iggles
Naval Action: Taralin Snow, Snowy Iggles
EQ2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Taralin, Disruption, Preyz, Taralynne, Snowy, Snowz
ESO: Snowreap, Yellowtail
PS2: Snowreap
GW2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Taralynne
RIFT: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Snowy
PotBS (British): Taralin Snow, Taralynne Snow, Snowy Iggles, Edward Snow
PotBS (Pirate): Taralin Snowden, Taralynne Snowden, Redshirt Snowden
WW2O: Snowreap
WAR: Snowreap, Preyz, Lbz, Leadz, Snowz, Taralin, Snowmeltz, Yellowtail, Snowbankz
APB: Snowreap, Sentenza
STO: Snowreap@Snowreap, Snowz@Snowreap
AoC: Yellowtail, Snowreap, Snowstorm, Redshirt
WoW (Horde): Snowreap, Savagery, Baelzenun, Wickedwendy, Taralin, Disruption, Scrouge, Bette
WoW (Alliance): Yellowtail, Wickedwendy, Snowreap
AC1: Snowstorm, Yellowtail, Shirt Ninja, Redshirt
Snowreap Wrote:I have to wonder whether the number of people who die due to big snowstorms exceeds the number of people who don't die in things like routine traffic accidents because there are fewer people on the roads due to the weather.

-ken

Yea true, Not to mention things like Armed robbery and murder would be way down as well.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

Reminds me of what the rest of the nation thinks of Hurricanes. In the South if it is a Category 2 or lower then we don't really care. Every now and then one of the lower category hurricanes or a tropical storm may cause some flooding but other than that they don't do much. But as soon as a little Tropical Storm pops up you have reports coming down from up North going "OMG EVERYONE HERE WILL DIE!?!?!?!?", while all of the locals just look at them like they are idiots.
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
HE'S QUICK, HE'S STRONG, HE'S ACTIVE!
You can take Alabama Man to the bowling alley, where he drinks heavily and chews tobacco!
HE CAN BOWL, HE CAN DRINK, HE CAN DRINK SOME MORE, ALA-BA-MA-MAN!
When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
BEATS HIS WIFE AND SLEEPS IT OFF, A-LA-BA-MA MAN!