Time for a new phone...
So I think my Thunderbolt is starting to act hokey enough that I may consider a new phone. Sorry Grieve but absolutely no way I get an iPhone.

Any thoughts and/or reviews from anyone that has gotten anything recently that I should consider?

Verizon if it matters.

Too many games to fit in signature....
I have the S4 and I think it's pretty awesome. I haven't really kept up with the more recent models since I got this, but I can say the S4 is a good phone.

/edit - also since the S4 is one of the more popular Android's, getting cases and all that other shit is fairly easy... much easier than a lot of android phones.
I don't own kid gloves.

Steam Friend Code : 1636490
I really like my Samsung as well. It was a shitty entry level model but its held up well and Android is pretty pimp.

Whatever you do, do not buy refrub phone~
[should not have shot the dolphin]
Wait for the nexus 5 in a couple months and get off of verizon to save yourself some money! Smile Nexus 4 is a very solid phone thats only $250 without having to subsidize it (that is how you do a cheaper phone, apple), but unfortunately it doesn't work on Verizon's LTE.

Otherwise yeah the S4 and the HTC One are the hot shit android phones at the moment. If you can hold off for another couple months there will likely be some new ones popping up in November.
S4.

I prefer it over the HTC One because the S4 has a removable battery and SD card (HTC One does not). The SD card was nice because I just took the one I had in my Thunderbolt, stuck it in the S4 and there's all my music, photos and videos right there. (The S4 doesn't come with an SD card, just a slot, so the transfer from the Thunderbolt also gave me lots more space. The internal storage is 16 GB so you don't *need* an SD card, but if you have one...)

It has a few neat gee-whiz features but the SD card and battery were the main things that swung it for me.

I also suggest the kick-stand case. I don't know why kickstands aren't standard. I used the one on my Thunderbolt all the time and everyone was jealous.
Slamz Wrote:I used the one on my Thunderbolt all the time and everyone was jealous.

...except the power slot is on the wrong side to use your phone plugged in while doing anything in landscape.

The S4 is pretty sweet.
Skelas

Burnt to a crisp.
They have these phones with round holes over a set up of numbers. You put your fingers in the holes and turn it clockwise until it doesn't turn anymore. They last forever and never break. Most importantly you don't have to carry around with you.
but do those play candy crush?
I don't own kid gloves.

Arsilon Wrote:
Slamz Wrote:I used the one on my Thunderbolt all the time and everyone was jealous.

...except the power slot is on the wrong side to use your phone plugged in while doing anything in landscape.
Yeah I hated that. The S4 has the plug on the bottom so once again you cannot plug in your phone and use it in a common (upright) position. But at least you can do landscape now.

They should just standardize and put the power plug on the top. The headphone jack is up there anyway.
Vllad Wrote:They have these phones with round holes over a set up of numbers. You put your fingers in the holes and turn it clockwise until it doesn't turn anymore. They last forever and never break. Most importantly you don't have to carry around with you.

Not to mention the ringer is loud enough to hear just about anywhere.
Dharus Wrote:
Vllad Wrote:They have these phones with round holes over a set up of numbers. You put your fingers in the holes and turn it clockwise until it doesn't turn anymore. They last forever and never break. Most importantly you don't have to carry around with you.

... or at just about any age.

-ken
New World: Snowreap
Life is Feudal: Snowreap Iggles, Taralin Iggles, Preyz Iggles
Naval Action: Taralin Snow, Snowy Iggles
EQ2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Taralin, Disruption, Preyz, Taralynne, Snowy, Snowz
ESO: Snowreap, Yellowtail
PS2: Snowreap
GW2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Taralynne
RIFT: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Snowy
PotBS (British): Taralin Snow, Taralynne Snow, Snowy Iggles, Edward Snow
PotBS (Pirate): Taralin Snowden, Taralynne Snowden, Redshirt Snowden
WW2O: Snowreap
WAR: Snowreap, Preyz, Lbz, Leadz, Snowz, Taralin, Snowmeltz, Yellowtail, Snowbankz
APB: Snowreap, Sentenza
STO: Snowreap@Snowreap, Snowz@Snowreap
AoC: Yellowtail, Snowreap, Snowstorm, Redshirt
WoW (Horde): Snowreap, Savagery, Baelzenun, Wickedwendy, Taralin, Disruption, Scrouge, Bette
WoW (Alliance): Yellowtail, Wickedwendy, Snowreap
AC1: Snowstorm, Yellowtail, Shirt Ninja, Redshirt
Snowreap Wrote:
Dharus Wrote:

... or at just about any age.

-ken

If you're old enough to know what he's talking about, you definitely need it.
Moristans: err

What the f*** Skelas - I know this is NSFW, but I coudn't watch this at work...

-Orsun
Arsilon Wrote:So I think my Thunderbolt is starting to act hokey enough that I may consider a new phone. Sorry Grieve but absolutely no way I get an iPhone.
That's it, I'm adding you to The List.
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpH4hrV38J0[/youtube]
I don't own kid gloves.

What Vllad thinks of when he considers a new phone:

[Image: tumblr_lgfcidcKLE1qh3qkyo1_500.jpg]
For me size of the phone would be a consideration. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and the darn thing is borderline being too big to carry around comfortably. Other than that it is a wonderful device.
Zirak / Thanoslug in lots of MMOs
[Image: homicidal.jpg]
"Consensus: The process of abandoning all beliefs, principles, values, and policies in search of something in which no one believes, but to which no one objects; the process of avoiding the very issues that have to be solved, merely because you cannot get agreement on the way ahead." -Margaret Thatcher

They were the best phones to do the Slam-Down hang-up with!
ESO - Rallick of Purge (Sorceror) - The Purge (and various others)
RIFT - Rallock (Cleric) - Virus (Deepwood)
WAR - Rallick (ArchMage) - The Purge
WoW - Rallick/Mootendo - The Purge
EQ - Nintelten <Defiant>
Rallick Wrote:

They were the best phones to do the Slam-Down hang-up with!

Yeah, I miss that. Not that I slammed the handset down on anybody a lot. When a GF did that to me though, that was the sign that I might have done something wrong.

-Orsun
Or when My mom was mad at you lol
Women's best makeup are their smiles.
Wife has s4 and loves it. She n had so iPhone..... Daughter bought a s3, as a cheaper option. Good phone as well. My work phone is a Droid 4, because I like a key board and a smaller phone.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
Ekibiokami Wrote:Or when My mom was mad at you lol

Your mom never slammed the handset on me in the middle of a phone conversation. As the big sister, she was actually very patient with her little brother. Unfortunately for you guys, she might have used up all of her motherly patience for dumbass little boys on me.

-Orsun
Vanraw Wrote:Wife has s4 and loves it. She n had so iPhone..... Daughter bought a s3, as a cheaper option. Good phone as well. My work phone is a Droid 4, because I like a key board and a smaller phone.

I still use the S2. I'm sure if and when I ever upgrade to the highest iteration of the model, I'll realize what it is I was missing all along. Until then, I have a phone that does everything I need it to do and a lot of stuff I don't really need at all.

-Orsun
Arsilon Wrote:Sorry Grieve but absolutely no way I get an iPhone.
Despite this, you might want to walk into an Apple store and play around with the 5S. Reviews are out overnight, and they are almost universally stella, with most calling it the best smartphone available. Reviews of iOS7 are also out, and are raves. Even with an older iPhone, iOS7 makes it completely different phone (I've been using it for a few months).

As we're a more techie crowd, it's well worth checking out Anand Shimpi's review at Anandtech. He did extensive benchmarking, and found that it isn't just the fastest phone available, but it completely blows aways other phones. In most cases it's two or even three times faster than the Google Play version of the S4.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7335/the-iphone-5s-review

[Image: 58181.png]
[Image: 58165.png]
[Image: 58170.png]
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
I actually have an iPhone in our house. Since my wife already had an iPad we figured it would just be easier for her to have both her tablet and phone work the same way (she is completely technology illiterate so simpler is better). I switched her from Android to iPhone last year.

So I'm not saying I don't want an iPhone just to be an Apple hater...I actually have worked with her phone quite a bit so know the good and bad. I just prefer how much more configurable Androids are to do what I need it to do. And since I use my phone a lot for work, I prefer the bigger screen as well for e-mail, etc.

Anyone seen anything with the new Droids? I've seen mixed reviews. At this point I think I'm leaning S4.