NFL Draft
Who we getting Jake?

I'm guessing Clowney.
I don't own kid gloves.

Steam Friend Code : 1636490
It was reported that we aren't going to trade the spot so I can't think of what else we would do. I just hope to god we aren't dumb enough to draft Manziel.
yea, pretty much where I stand as well.

Hopefully Manziel falls until late in the draft and destroys his ego.
I don't own kid gloves.

Ha, even better - he is going to the fucking Browns, where QBs go to die.
now the question. Bridgewater? Carr(hope not bad genetics Smile )?
TinStar
96 99 44 4 33
welp scratch that! Didn't even think about them trading up to take him. I really hope we don't take Carr...
TinStar
96 99 44 4 33
HA, Manziel fell to pick 22, Bridgewater went 32. So much for those guys being top 5 picks. Bortles went 3. Kind of crazy how stock on players fluctuates so much before the draft.

I'd prefer not to take Carr... not that I think he is a bad QB or won't be good(no idea really), but he's a Carr...
I don't own kid gloves.

TinStar Wrote:welp scratch that! Didn't even think about them trading up to take him. I really hope we don't take Carr...

Houston needs a QB and now that round 1 is over Carr is the best one left. Do they have the balls to actually select Carr tonight? This Carr is actually pretty good. He reminds me a lot of Josh McCown. Not Great but can win games if you need it.
Vllad Wrote:
TinStar Wrote:welp scratch that! Didn't even think about them trading up to take him. I really hope we don't take Carr...

Houston needs a QB and now that round 1 is over Carr is the best one left. Do they have the balls to actually select Carr tonight? This Carr is actually pretty good. He reminds me a lot of Josh McCown. Not Great but can win games if you need it.

Yeah, for any other franchise Carr is probably a slam dunk if you need a QB. But not a franchise that had his older brother stink it up as a starter. We don't need another "Carr" for a franchise QB. There are still some good QBs out there...
TinStar
96 99 44 4 33
Meh, I'm not sold any QB in this draft other than Bortles was going to be very good and we have plenty of other holes.

We might be stuck with the power trio of Fitzpatrick/Keenum/Yates for a year.

I wonder if VY and Manziel can trade notes on how to best pull up old highlight reels on youtube.
Nice Jake.

I forgot we had Fitzpatrick. Anyone who thinks he is going to won a super bowl is crazy. We need qb
I don't own kid gloves.

We're likely not going to win a super bowl this year regardless of what we do. If the right QB is available, then draft one (and Derek is very questionable - he is the best one left, but, jesus talk about Morale - making the kid play in the city that destroyed his older brother). But, as one of the talking heads was saying during the draft yesterday - one of the biggest failures teams do is picking a shitty player because they need that position - when they turn out being a bust not only do you still need that position, but you missed an opportunity to fill one of your other holes, of which we have plenty.

Maybe we should waste a draft pick on a terrible aggie FG kicker like last year..

I'm not totally sold on Garoppolo, we should probably trade for Cousins or something if we can. In any case, spending the first overall draft pick on any of these QBs would have been fucking boneheaded.
I loved the Bridgewater pick. Teddy at 32? YES PLEASE.
Skelas

Burnt to a crisp.
There are trade rumors out there about Mallet from the Patriots. Cousins would be my pick as well if we were trading for a backup. I don't hate Fitzpatrick though.. He's won some games and he has never been on a team with the talent that the Texans have. If it comes down to drafting a questionable QB or going with Fitz, then I choose Fitz. There are still some decent QBs out there though. Mettenberger in the 3rd round?
TinStar
96 99 44 4 33
Skelas Wrote:I loved the Bridgewater pick. Teddy at 32? YES PLEASE.
Poor Bridgewater having to go to the vikings. Smile

It was a good pick for them I guess. A little surprised he dropped that far.
I don't own kid gloves.

TinStar Wrote:He's won some games and he has never been on a team with the talent that the Texans have.

Yes he has.

Those Buffalo teams were very talented especially under Gaily.

Fitz is one of those guys who at times looks as good as it gets then he totally blows up. He is an interception machine that will cost you games. You thought you saw pick 6's last year? You haven't seen anything yet.

The thing about Fitz is he can beat anybody. He will have 3 to 6 quarters of superstar QB play then follow it up with 3 quarters of complete moronic play. Everything Texans think Romo is Fitz actually surpasses. Romo will play 3 to 4 great games then self implode occassionally. Fitz is the same way only it is quarter to quarter instead of game to game.

If Fitz could ever improve his decision making he could easily be a top 15 QB.

I just wouldn't count on that improving because he has way too much faith in his ability. Buffalo had some great QB teachers while he was here and imploded. Houston has a great O-Line coach but no real QB guy that will control Fitz.
Strife Wrote:

Yes, what a disaster having AP as your RB, Cordarelle and Jennings as your WR, and Rudolph as your TE. The cupboard is just bare.

Oddly enough, I just got off the phone with a guy from the St. Louis Rams, they ordered a bunch of Massage Therapy Lotion from us, kinda cool.
Skelas

Burnt to a crisp.
Skelas Wrote:Yes, what a disaster having AP as your RB, Cordarelle and Jennings as your WR, and Rudolph as your TE. The cupboard is just bare.

You seem to have left off any defensive players Wink
Jakensama Wrote:
Skelas Wrote:Yes, what a disaster having AP as your RB, Cordarelle and Jennings as your WR, and Rudolph as your TE. The cupboard is just bare.

You seem to have left off any defensive players Wink

Teddy is going to play defense? Shocking twist!
Skelas

Burnt to a crisp.
Having the worst ranked defense in the NFL doesn't do a QB any favors. (Although to be fair I guess having Christian Ponder doesn't do a defense any favors).
ya. ... but all that purple. ..

Go packers :mrgreen:
I don't own kid gloves.

Vllad Wrote:
TinStar Wrote:He's won some games and he has never been on a team with the talent that the Texans have.

Yes he has.

Those Buffalo teams were very talented especially under Gaily.

They may have been talented but they never had Arian Foster (if he's healthy) and Andre Johnson and Hopkins etc. What did they maybe have a 1000 yard rusher once? I'm sure Steve Johnson picked up 1000 yards a couple times but he's still no Andre Johnson and their defense was fricking horrible right? Like.. Bottom 3rd horrible every year? The Texans has 1000 yard (almost 2000 one year??) every year and 1000 yard receivers every year except maybe the year Johnson was hurt half the season. I'm not saying the Bills were total garbage, but the Texans were (and still are) a better team and have had a top 10 defense every year since Phillips came over.
TinStar
96 99 44 4 33
Skelas Wrote:
Strife Wrote:

Yes, what a disaster having AP as your RB, Cordarelle and Jennings as your WR, and Rudolph as your TE. The cupboard is just bare.

Oddly enough, I just got off the phone with a guy from the St. Louis Rams, they ordered a bunch of Massage Therapy Lotion from us, kinda cool.

Dude Cordarelle is a beast and Rudolph has potential but AP and Jennings have to stay healthy which is a big question mark. Jennings is old enough to be my dad...Obviously a good pick up for the Vikings but if I was Bridgewater I would be thinking.. Minnesota? Seriously? It snows every fucking day in Minnesota!!
TinStar
96 99 44 4 33
Not sure Hopkins belongs in that category with a Johnson and Foster.

They never had a JJ Watt though, he's obviously the best since he is the player with the highest stats in Madden...
Jakensama Wrote:Not sure Hopkins belongs in that category with a Johnson and Foster.

They never had a JJ Watt though, he's obviously the best since he is the player with the highest stats in Madden...

Yeah probably not, but Hopkins as a 2 WR is a beast. He's gonna have a big year this year if we can get our QB figured out..
TinStar
96 99 44 4 33