"Booziest" state?
https://www.yahoo.com/food/whats-america...74676.html

I am somewhat surprised that Texas is #28..

Jake.. NY is #13 but not sure why this made me think you could relate "plus the nation’s highest concentration of substance-addled finance bros pounding vodka-sodas ‘til last call?!"
TinStar
96 99 44 4 33
Vodka is for chumps, but yeah - between the drunk hipsters and the coked up drunk suits I don't doubt the city drags up the state's ranking quite a bit.

On that note, I'm off to the east village to pound some PBR and Bourbon until it feels warm again.
where do i rank?
Not surprised to see Maryland so low. It's bizarre. They have weird liquor laws and the couple of restaurant owners I've talked to ("So, when's the bar opening?") have both said it's very difficult and expensive to get liquor licenses here. I could understand Bible belt teetotalers but I don't get where Maryland's anti-liquor stance comes from. (Although it probably comes from money. Government red tape = government $$$.)
Jakensama Wrote:Vodka is for chumps, but yeah - between the drunk hipsters and the coked up drunk suits I don't doubt the city drags up the state's ranking quite a bit.

On that note, I'm off to the east village to pound some PBR and Bourbon until it feels warm again.
everytime I see PBR my first thought is "Professional Bull Rider", which makes what you said pretty funny.
I don't own kid gloves.

Steam Friend Code : 1636490
Slamz Wrote:Not surprised to see Maryland so low. It's bizarre. They have weird liquor laws and the couple of restaurant owners I've talked to ("So, when's the bar opening?") have both said it's very difficult and expensive to get liquor licenses here. I could understand Bible belt teetotalers but I don't get where Maryland's anti-liquor stance comes from. (Although it probably comes from money. Government red tape = government $$$.)

Most of the northern state blue laws that are restrictive are holdovers from centuries old bible beating laws (like the retardedness in Connecticuit). These things are harder to close since the neo prohibitionit MADD folks are a lot more politically active than those who care to liberalize booze laws.

But yeah, licensing laws are a good ways for local government to make money without raising more visible taxes to pay for things.

NY has some odd ones, we can pretty much buy beer whenever, which is cool - but then you have weird laws like "you can't buy wine and beer at the same establishment".

Just glad I'm not in baptist okieland where they water down the beer.
Vermont with a top 5 showing. I am so proud.
What else is there to do in Vermont other than Booze and Ben and Jerrys?
Make maple syrup, eat cheddar cheese, and complain about 'flatlanders'.