True Detective season 2
Thoughts? I liked it, very grim feel to it. Liked how they tied everyone in at the end of ep1. Looking like another solid season.
I need to watch it again. I watched it last night but it wasn't keeping my attention and I kept losing focus so i kind of last track on what was going on.
I don't own kid gloves.

Steam Friend Code : 1636490
it felt really scattered to me, hopefully it will get a little more cohesive.
Skelas

Burnt to a crisp.
Strife Wrote:I need to watch it again. I watched it last night but it wasn't keeping my attention and I kept losing focus so i kind of last track on what was going on.
I've tried and failed twice to watch it. I kept getting lost and then just turned it off. Will try again this weekend.

Too many games to fit in signature....
Skelas Wrote:it felt really scattered to me, hopefully it will get a little more cohesive.

The first season was like that too. This season seems a little more scattered, but I wouldn't say by a whole lot. If you don't won't to wait for the plot to really resolve itself then just watch it as soon as the season is over.

That way when an episode leaves you with more questions than answers, you will be able to watch the next one and not have to wait a week.
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
HE'S QUICK, HE'S STRONG, HE'S ACTIVE!
You can take Alabama Man to the bowling alley, where he drinks heavily and chews tobacco!
HE CAN BOWL, HE CAN DRINK, HE CAN DRINK SOME MORE, ALA-BA-MA-MAN!
When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
BEATS HIS WIFE AND SLEEPS IT OFF, A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
Seemed pretty Blah to me. Half of what made last season so good was having Cary Fukunaga direct the whole thing - going with the standard random direction per episode takes away half of what was good..

I'll give it a shot but think it will be mediocre at best.
Jakensama Wrote:Seemed pretty Blah to me. Half of what made last season so good was having Cary Fukunaga direct the whole thing - going with the standard random direction per episode takes away half of what was good..

I'll give it a shot but think it will be mediocre at best.

Hard to tell from first episode but it did feel a bit messy. Vaughn seems to be trying to hard, and yeah Fukunaga is really missed. And good god the opening song is ridiculous.
fuckin handle it. you know it wont be as good as the first. too fuckin critical now just watch fuckin loony toons then christ.
Are you dating Nic Pizzolatto or something?
WAS DRINKING
Adimenti Wrote:WAS DRINKING
Was?
I don't own kid gloves.

Steam Friend Code : 1636490
They went all Game of Thrones up in this joint.......
Skelas

Burnt to a crisp.
He'll be back as a white walker.
letting this breathe a little, I find that I just really don't care about any of this. Land deal gone bad, with a crooked city official killed? Whoopty-do. The first season, I was hooked from the get go, this is just a bunch of shit thrown against a wall to see what will stick.

I'll still watch it just out of curiosity as to where it might possibly go, but i'm filled with ennui, which is about the worst thing you can say about a gritty detective drama.
Skelas

Burnt to a crisp.
show blows