Oh Boomer....... (BSG DISCUSSION)
I loved and hated this episode. If we had 2 seasons left, I would think this episode was a home run, but with only three more to go, for christ's sake let's wrap some shit up!

Boomer broke my heart, but is she evil? Who knows where this goes. hell, they have 3 episodes to tie up all these loose ends.

Oh Boomer, so hot and yet so wrong.
Skelas

Burnt to a crisp.
I thought we knew that Boomer was evil? I mean, she shot the Old Man, for goodness sake! :wink:

I thought it did an awesome job wrapping some stuff up. President Lora Roslyn dead as per the Kobol prophecies (that whole "dying leader" thing), the Galactica is dead and will probably have to be abandoned, Starbuck's dad is the one who somehow awakened the final five (still alive, maybe?), and now Boomer is on her way back to the Cylons with Hera, who has some connection to Earth, the final five and all of this.

So what happens now?

Well, we know that the fleet is now utterly defenseless save for a raggedy, renegade-Cylon basestar, a Battlestar which is now nothing more than tissue paper, a smattering of Cylon heavy raiders (haven't seen any of the non-heavy ones, so I am assuming they are pretty much dead), and what's left of the viper pilots after the rebellion.

We know that Boomer is a few jumps away from the Cylon fleet, and she has Hera. Even more disturbing is that she knows the location of Earth, so here come the Cylons!

Humanity has nowhere to go. Thus far no suitable planets have been found for habitation on any nearby stars, and since the Galactica is pretty much toast, wherever they decide to go had better not require any sort of battle to get there.

So what's gonna happen when they Cylons come? Looks like we have three episodes and one two hour movie to go before we know whether humanity makes it out of this mess, or if we go extinct.
The CK Machine
[Image: HWL.gif]
Well. to me Boomer was nothing more than a tool, she was activated to shoot the old man, and it wasn't her free will to do it. That to me isn't evil, that's just being an instrument of someone else. Wasn't she filled with remorse after the shooting? It's been awhile so i'm not sure. This, however, was premeditated. We don't really know what her plan is though, she might need hera to save the human race, or play dress up, or take to a movie. We have no idea what she needs hera for.

I personally thought it opened up new questions more than answering old ones. I thought it was a great episode, I just feel like they are running out of time.
Skelas

Burnt to a crisp.
So is Starbuck's dad the cylon the cavil supposedly destroyed - wasn't he an 'artist' or something?
my sister was fuming for pretty much the same reasons. This was a VERY slowly paced episode with only 3 left and she's all uppity about them not reconciling the Starbuck/Apollo relationship.

And CK, from what I understand the 2 hour movie will be a prequel and wont touch on the series...it's a standalone movie.
Ahh but it is in the past that you will find your answers.
Caveatum & Blhurr D'Vizhun.
[Image: glarebear_av.gif]
[Image: sterb037.gif]
This should be in the political forum.
Waeloga-"Flab is my idol"
Flab Wrote:This should be in the political forum.

I totally agree. CK's over the top liberal view of the show is making me want to flame!!
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
Yep, if Starbuck's role in that episode was not a play on Rush Limbaugh, then I don't know what is.
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
As usual, Dustie hates america. Again.
Skelas

Burnt to a crisp.
I should be ruler of everything.
The CK Machine
[Image: HWL.gif]
Singularity Wrote:I should be ruler of everything.

Alright Anikin!
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
I was thinking. If jumping a raptor inside the hangar bay can destroy the ship, Hera must be really important. In other words, Boomer or any other frakin Cyclon could simply have flown into the hangar bay and jumped away.
Dustie Wrote:I was thinking. If jumping a raptor inside the hangar bay can destroy the ship, Hera must be really important. In other words, Boomer or any other frakin Cyclon could simply have flown into the hangar bay and jumped away.

Yea I was thinking about that too. And why not create a weapon, like a probe that just gets close tot he ship and jumps.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]