Investigative Reporting
(feel free to move this to other forum if need be)

It is refreshing to see investigative reporting is still alive and well, though somewhat sad to note that the better investigative reporting these days comes from the Comedy News shows:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thedailyshow.com/">http://www.thedailyshow.com/</a><!-- m -->

Jim Cramer Unedited Interview Pt. 1, 2 & 3

Youch.
~ The Duskwood Gankster ~
WoW & Beyond: Grizzle / Grizol
EQ/SB: Rafkin / Kriticos / Dudain
Its interesting that Daily can say what he thinks, and real news shows cant or wont. I recall a couple years ago when he started attacking the new agencies, and they tried to compare them selves to his show. He stuffed them by saying "I'm on Comedy Central!. I'm not the news!".

He's awesome. You get the feeling that he is not avbout an agenda, and he is clearly not under the direction of some new editor executive with an agenda.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
its pretty sad when the comedy network has the best interviews and truth

I kinda like Jim Kramer, but at the same token...the news media has quite a few pwn'ings due to them
[should not have shot the dolphin]
I don't like the way Stewart would rather join the populist outrage (and fan it) rather then try to get to the truth. Kramer has been trying to expose hedge funds for 2 years now. Stewart really picked the wrong guy to go after.
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
I avoid Cramer like the plague but my roomate watched that obnoxious show for years and I think it is a valid criticism that he was quite uncritical of CEOs. At least the shifty eyed bugger had the balls to sit down and admit he fucked up in some places though.
Now that bush is gone we can finally have some good daily show again. Awesome videos.. thx for the link i had missed this.
Observe Adapt Overcome

Plooot - lvl 80 Thief
Ill Tempered Rabbit -lvl 41 Hammer Guardian
Illusionary Doolist - lvl 10 irritating Mesmer
I've seen the show a few times and know that he had the "CEO wall of shame" where he'd add and remove people as they did stupid stuff. I think it's ridiculous for Stewart to think that Cramer was going to be the person who stopped this problem from happening.
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
I don't think he was claiming that Cramer was the only problem, he was criticizing him as part of the wider problem in general of CNBC trying to market itself as a financial watchdog which it was not performing as.
I just don't like the hind sighters.
Isn't that what reporting is? Reporting what has happened, as opposed to some sort of psychic method of reporting what hasn't yet happened?
~ The Duskwood Gankster ~
WoW & Beyond: Grizzle / Grizol
EQ/SB: Rafkin / Kriticos / Dudain
Dustie, watch the interviews. Stewart even says this is not about Cramer but the networks. Cramer trys to personalize it and Stewart stops him. He's not going after Cramer, he going after MSNBC and all the other networks that have financial reporters.

Stewart is spot on like always.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.
Thudz Wrote:Dustie, watch the interviews. Stewart even says this is not about Cramer but the networks. Cramer trys to personalize it and Stewart stops him. He's not going after Cramer, he going after MSNBC and all the other networks that have financial reporters.

He's spot on for the masses who are looking for someone to blame and don't fully understand the issues and don't mind having them all mixed in together.

And if you think he's not attacking Cramer, watch again. He's specifically going after him during those hedge fund comments "roll clips 121, 122" etc.
Well, I agree the show / clip was an attack on Cramer, But I also think it was needed.

Its possible that Cramer is a reformed wall street scum bag. The clips clearly show him as one in the past. I hate people like that. The market manipulators that profit on other investors, as opposed to companies they are investing in. It defines everything that is wrong with Wall Street today.

He has in recent past been very vocal about problems with the SEC bringing back the uptick rule, and even was very adamant back in October that everyone should get out of the market.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
I just watched "Taxi to the Darkside" last night and the whole time kept getting so pissed off about how the mainstream media didnt touch the greatest torture and prisoner abuse in our country's modern history. Where the fuck were they?
Dustie Wrote:
Thudz Wrote:Dustie, watch the interviews. Stewart even says this is not about Cramer but the networks. Cramer trys to personalize it and Stewart stops him. He's not going after Cramer, he going after MSNBC and all the other networks that have financial reporters.

He's spot on for the masses who are looking for someone to blame and don't fully understand the issues and don't mind having them all mixed in together.

And if you think he's not attacking Cramer, watch again. He's specifically going after him during those hedge fund comments "roll clips 121, 122" etc.

This interview was about the media's role in this crisis and not about everything mixed in together. Stewart focused on the media, MSNBC in particular of which Cramer is a big part of, and asked simple straight forward questions that normal people want answers for and far too few in media will ask.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.
Thudz Wrote:
Dustie Wrote:

This interview was about the media's role in this crisis and not about everything mixed in together. Stewart focused on the media, MSNBC in particular of which Cramer is a big part of, and asked simple straight forward questions that normal people want answers for and far too few in media will ask.

No matter who's list you go by, hedge funds weren't even in the top 5 lists of culripts for the housing crisis. Stewart was using that old clip because it helped him paint Cramer as a crook. That was out of context and not fair, the very thing that Stewart often sights against others.
(Hedge fund isn't even found on pages like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_t...ing_bubble)

Listen, I'm not going to spend too much more time defending Cramer (a liberal Democrat), I'm not even a fan of his. I'm simply saying that if you can't see the anger and witch hunt mentality that Stewart is propegating, then you're not looking very hard. If you enjoy witch hunts (especially those that chase the wrong people) then carry on with it.
I would much rather burn Burnanke and Greenspan at the steak than Cramer

Whoever set interest rates under 5% should be executed by firing squad
Of all places to find a good proof if my point:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con...on/columns
Seriously, you are going to use an op-ed crap article as your backup here Dusty? Heck, his "proof" is as flimsy as it comes. It's a poor argument at best and his proof in bubbles (the Depression and the Tulip Bubble ffs) show his complete lack of any knowledge of what may have caused such "bubbles" to happen and explode.

Here, let's try the same track and just offer this <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://mediamatters.org/countyfair/200903170003">http://mediamatters.org/countyfair/200903170003</a><!-- m -->

Yet another op-ed article to counter yours. Isn't this fun? We can let others completely state our opinion. That's just one step from letting Rush and Olbermann tell us what to thing in toto...isn't it?
Rizxen - Master of Clones
Looks like being against a system like the federal reserve gets you put on a police watchlist...

Quote:March 17, 2009

Dear Friend of Liberty,

Maybe you've heard, or maybe not, but the Missouri State Police think you might be a security threat.

Why? Because you support Ron Paul and the Campaign for Liberty. Also, because maybe you own guns, oppose abortion or homeschool.

Even, and I'm serious, because you support the U.S. Constitution.

I know, it's ridiculous...and probably steams you a bit.

But here at Campaign for Liberty we are going to give this foolishness the treatment it deserves. More on that in a moment. Let me give you a bit more background.

As you may be aware by now, the Missouri Information Analysis Center (MIAC) recently released a report titled, "The Modern Militia Movement" to over one thousand Missouri law enforcement officers.

What is the Missouri Information Analysis Center? According to its website,

"MIAC is the mechanism to collect incident reports of suspicious activities to be evaluated and analyzed in an effort to identify potential trends or patterns of terrorist or criminal operations within the state of Missouri. MIAC will also function as a vehicle for two-way communication between federal, state and local law enforcement community within our region."
The MIAC warned officers that violent militia members are "usually" supporters of presidential candidates like Ron Paul and are also known for opposition to things like the Federal Reserve and the income tax.

The "study" was undoubtably written by some university liberal who knows nothing of the hundreds of thousands of Missourians who share our values. I can only imagine how many hundreds of thousands of Missouri tax dollars funded this.

Both Ron Paul and Campaign for Liberty champion principles of freedom, peace, and prosperity. We believe that the Founder's vision for America can be reclaimed through education and peaceful activism. It is a common practice of elitist intellectuals and backroom bureaucrats to attempt to crowd everyone into groups and stick labels on them, especially when it involves those who support a Constitutionally-limited government.

Anthony Gregory, editor-in-chief at Campaign for Liberty, has posted an excellent new article on our site concerning government broad-brush fear campaigns.

It is important that we respond in the right way when faced with such a government labeling, and the proper way is to go straight to the top in Missouri.

The way to fight thugs and ignorant people in authority is not to cower or rage, but to proudly proclaim who you are and what you believe.

That's why I urge you to sign our Citizen's Petition here today.

Our petition spells out in no uncertain terms who we are and what we believe. And it reminds those in charge of enforcing Missouri's laws that we are citizen activists who will not be intimidated nor embarassed into silence.

Simply owning a gun does not make you a threat. It means you are a free citizen.

Supporting our Constitution does not make you worthy of a watchlist, it makes you a Patriot.

So please, sign our Citizen's Petition today. Be sure to stay tuned for more information on how we plan to respond to the MIAC.
I'm surprised they have intellectuals and university liberals in Missouri. I thought Mizzou was just a diploma mill made to support a sub par sports program to round out the big 12.
Lots of liberals in KC, St. Louis and Columbia (Mizzou)

McCaskill (Senator D-MO) was the ugly female democrat that called for salary caps on companies receiving bailout money, but someone shut her up and it got dropped from the bill.

I find it funny how they're all going back saying they made mistakes not limiting how the banks can spend the money they received. Mistake implied you had the intelligence to make good or right decision in the first place. Fucking useless congress.
I know, I was just mocking your ghetto state.
Jakensama Wrote:I know, I was just mocking your ghetto state.

You keep talkin shit and I'll drive down to east St. Louis to find someone to kill you or steal your hubcaps, assuming you have any in Euro...maybe they'd settle for spraypainting your mass transit with something embrassing like a big CGI penis
You wanna play who can round up the bigger thugs, my hometown of Houston still has the leftover Katritians who have managed to dodge both jail and rival gangs - those are some bad boys.

(Ha, and who the hell drives a car with hubcaps!)