Stargate Universe
One thing about the BSG ending, is they were poping up all sorts of ads on new shows. Perhaps SciFi has smelled the toast burning.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.scifi.com/universe/index.php">http://www.scifi.com/universe/index.php</a><!-- m -->

Quote:A band of soldiers, scientists and civilians are forced through a stargate when their hidden base comes under attack. The desperate survivors emerge aboard an ancient ship, The Destiny, which is locked on an unknown course and unable to return to Earth. Faced with meeting the most basic needs of food, water and air, the group must unlock the secrets of the ship's stargate to survive. The danger, adventure and hope they find on board Destiny will reveal the heroes and villains among them.

Stargate Universe will debut as a two-hour movie event on SCI FI and will be distributed by MGM Worldwide Television Distribution. Brad Wright and Robert Cooper, of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, will serve as executive producers and writers on the new series.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
premise does not impress me. However its the same producers, so I think it'll be good I hipe
[should not have shot the dolphin]
Vanraw Wrote:One thing about the BSG ending, is they were poping up all sorts of ads on new shows. Perhaps SciFi has smelled the toast burning.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.scifi.com/universe/index.php">http://www.scifi.com/universe/index.php</a><!-- m -->

Quote:A band of soldiers, scientists and civilians are forced through a stargate when their hidden base comes under attack. The desperate survivors emerge aboard an ancient ship, The Destiny, which is locked on an unknown course and unable to return to Earth. Faced with meeting the most basic needs of food, water and air, the group must unlock the secrets of the ship's stargate to survive. The danger, adventure and hope they find on board Destiny will reveal the heroes and villains among them.

Stargate Universe will debut as a two-hour movie event on SCI FI and will be distributed by MGM Worldwide Television Distribution. Brad Wright and Robert Cooper, of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, will serve as executive producers and writers on the new series.

Lets hope that this new "Stargate: Voyager" is better than the original Star Trek: Voyager. Granted it doesn't take much to be better then Star Trek Voyager.
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
HE'S QUICK, HE'S STRONG, HE'S ACTIVE!
You can take Alabama Man to the bowling alley, where he drinks heavily and chews tobacco!
HE CAN BOWL, HE CAN DRINK, HE CAN DRINK SOME MORE, ALA-BA-MA-MAN!
When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
BEATS HIS WIFE AND SLEEPS IT OFF, A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
Zouji Wrote:
Vanraw Wrote:One thing about the BSG ending, is they were poping up all sorts of ads on new shows. Perhaps SciFi has smelled the toast burning.

Lets hope that this new "Stargate: Voyager" is better than the original Star Trek: Voyager. Granted it doesn't take much to be better then Star Trek Voyager.

I did not like Star Trek: Voyager when it was on TV but I watched after in repeats and I liked it. Same thing with Enterprise.

I do think that Star Trek lost its way with all this Back to Future shit. Go forward and explore!
Maranatha!

Maranatha\Amarantha\Dolmori\Helojoki

Riz says, "That's made of pure bacon and win!"
Zouji Wrote:Lets hope that this new "Stargate: Voyager" is better than the original Star Trek: Voyager. Granted it doesn't take much to be better then Star Trek Voyager.

Nothing wrong with Voyager. One could argue that with out the drag of Star Fleet always screwing things up it was more true to the original series then any other post Star Trek series.

Vllad
I liked Voyager's characters a whole lot better than DS9 (besides nelix...you can throw him out the airlock). Only redeming thing about DS9 was the too few space battles.

ENOUGH ABOUT THE GOD DAMN BOJORANS. Fuck If I had the genisis device or death star I'd take that planet out of its god damn misery.
[should not have shot the dolphin]
I liked Voyager too. And like most of the revamped Star treks, they all ended with strong seasons.

One DS9 was announced it was the last season it really took off and became a show compared to its "gunsmoke" beginnings.

I liked all the Star trek shows. I wish UPN wouldn't have hurt enterprise with its monopolistic approach. Hell half of America didn't even have UPN when the show was airing.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

DS9 is probably my favourite of the Treks. I just like the more evolving story (though repetative at times) character development. Felt more like the sci novels I enjoy reading than the others.

Big fan of Stargate and happy to hear more continued versions. Atlantis was... okay, but didn't really do anything for me. But they knew how to get me to give it another chance by throwing Carter in as the new leader.
Game Tags
Skaag/Iceheart
Skaag51, Xbox Live
Skaag555, Steam ID
it took me a couple seasons to get into star trek TNG, but DS9 somehow compelled me to watch from first season. Think it was nana visitor and how she filled up that bajorian uniform hehe. Hated voyager from the start but once reruns started to show, started to like it somewhat. Never saw many of the enterprise episodes but liked most of the ones i did see. as for SG1...loved the movie, hated the series at first, then somehow it started to grow on me enough to start purchasing the seasons on DVD. SG atlantis i liked from the start but kinda hated when SG1 was virtually replaced by it.

this new sg series sounds alot like Space 1999, dunno if you all remember those or not. about the moon leaving the orbit of earth and headed out into space because of some giant explosion. they couldnt change the trajectory of the moon so they were destined to deal with whatever it took them near.
Skaag Wrote:DS9 is probably my favourite of the Treks. I just like the more evolving story (though repetative at times) character development. Felt more like the sci novels I enjoy reading than the others.

DS9 was my favorite too. It had the best writing and acting of all I think.
Maranatha!

Maranatha\Amarantha\Dolmori\Helojoki

Riz says, "That's made of pure bacon and win!"
Geez I dont know about Ds9 having the best acting. I always wondered why they had cisco in there. Half the time he sounded like he was reading his lines from the script. But he evolved and got good by the end.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

I thought I liked DS9 the best too, but I find myself watching TNG more often.
DS9 was the only good star trek series because its the only one that had any episode continuity on any regular basis. I was always too old to be able to watch TOS without cringing, and TNG was okay when I was little but looking back its pretty bad today with a handful of exceptions. I want to hit pretty much the entire cast of Voyager in the head with a 2x4, starting with that stupid indian with the face tattoo.
Who isn't a fan of Garek?

Vllad
Garek rocked, and I liked the bad guy from Die Hard 2 who was the federation's black ops guy.
Wow I very successfully derailed this thread. Go me!
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
HE'S QUICK, HE'S STRONG, HE'S ACTIVE!
You can take Alabama Man to the bowling alley, where he drinks heavily and chews tobacco!
HE CAN BOWL, HE CAN DRINK, HE CAN DRINK SOME MORE, ALA-BA-MA-MAN!
When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
BEATS HIS WIFE AND SLEEPS IT OFF, A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
DS9 was the only one I didn't like.
Caveatum & Blhurr D'Vizhun.
[Image: glarebear_av.gif]
[Image: sterb037.gif]