Iowa Wins!!!!
Wow what a game! 2 secs left, TD!!

They have won 13 straight now. Look out BCS, here comes an underdog!
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
They still need Texas, Florida, Bama, and maybe Boise St and USC to lose before you start talking championship game.
Jakensama Wrote:They still need Texas, Florida, Bama, and maybe Boise St and USC to lose before you start talking championship game.

Well yea, but you need to realize that this is not a tier 1 recruiting team. We get a lot of leftover talent. They aren't pretty but, and they still have to beat Ohio State, But beating Michigan, Penn State, Mich state, and Wisconsin this year is a great accomplishment.

If they are in the top 8 it will be very cool. Perhaps the coaches poll "blind pick 4" can change. I still have hope that Texas, Florida and USC will lose 1.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

Iowa is 4th in BCS.

And you know, Im looking at Iowa's schedule, and then Texas Schedule, and Im sorry, who has Texas beat with the exception of Oklahoma????

Iowa had a tough season. And we got more to go.

We gunning for texas now! GO GO Oklahoma State!!

Big Grin
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

All you guys have played is Penn State, and if you beat Chokehio State they wont even be a ranked team afterwords. We'll move up more in the computers when we beat okie state next week, but yeah - our schedule took quite a big hit since the big 12 teams are all beating each other up this year.

Computers like Iowa right now but their schedule is going to weaken over the next few weeks and theres no way the voters will put an unbeaten Iowa in front of Florida, Bama, or Texas.

Its bullshit and you guys will have as much to bitch about as TCU and other left outs if you win out and don't go, but barring a loss by the top 3 you are pretty much assured to be on the inside looking out (especially as right now you are 1 in the computers, so nowhere to go but down there, and the voters are too biased to give you the additional love you need).

Pretty much pray for us to lose at okie state next week, as its our last major road block.
They should just replay the SEC Championship game as the National Championship game.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.
Neither Florida or Alabama looks all that great either this year.

Really everyone looks kinda shit this year, theres no particularly great teams.
I dont know Jaken, Penn State and Arizona were both very good teams. Michigan, Michigan State and Wisconsin were also tuff.

My hope right now is that Oklahoma state beats Texas. If they do, and Iowa wins the rest of its games including Ohio State, they very likely will be number 2 behind the winner of the Florida / Alabama championship game.

Go Go Cinderella!!

Can you feel it? The planets are aligning!!
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

You better hope we don't play like this previous Saturday or okie light ain't beating us.

Besides, okie light already lost to my second best Alma Matter (go Cougs)
Ha, 6 turnovers + an 8 yard punt and you still win. Crazy 4th quarter though.

And go horns, we pretty much stamped our ticket to Pasadena last night - already looking at flights and hotels.
Yea best Iowa can do is keep 4th now, if they finish undefeated.

Its funny though. They seem to play to the level of the competition. They almost get beat by Arkansas and Northern Iowa. Had Indiana had any sort of defense it would have been a very close game. Its like a different team shows up when they play good teams. My take is that is some sort of a coaching motivational issue, but Iowa has been like that ever since I lived here.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

Hey, but whatever happens you can say they are clutch, they have come from behind in the past 5 games, and however bad they played the first 3 quarters of the last game that last 4th quarter was amazing.
I guess the fantasy is over. Northwestern nerds seem to have our number. Last 3 time at home they have beat us.

Oh well. On to beat Ohio hopefully. It will be interesting to see how far they drop in the polls.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi