Cutting the cable
My whole problem with all of these alternate devices is that none of them can replace my satellite box. My wife watches all kinds of stuff from DiY, Food Network, and I don't know what all else. We watch stuff from BBC America and SyFy as well as the normal networks, etc. A lot of that can be done with one of these by using stuff like Netflix, Hulu, and I don't know what else. Some of it I'm not sure you can get other than through cable or satellite. I don't want to have to comb the internet to find the shows that I or my wife want to watch on tv - I want to go to my tv, turn it on, change the channel, and there's my show. None of these things - AppleTV, GoogleTV, or Roku can do that yet to the best of my knowledge and thus cannot serve as a replacement and are, to me, a waste of money.
Zirak / Thanoslug in lots of MMOs
[Image: homicidal.jpg]
"Consensus: The process of abandoning all beliefs, principles, values, and policies in search of something in which no one believes, but to which no one objects; the process of avoiding the very issues that have to be solved, merely because you cannot get agreement on the way ahead." -Margaret Thatcher

Messages In This Thread