Home internet setup
I'm back baby! All I've had for internet at home for almost two years is garbage Verizon mobile 3g internet. Down load limits, super slow...it's sucked. I even got desperate and relocated my computer to my wife's office where I've been gaming (Rift and SWToR) on the university's connection. Talk about sketchy...

Well, now there is light at the end of the tunnel! They wired my road with fiber and I just signed up for a 15mbps connection - install in a week and a half!

So, considering I've been out of the game for so long, I figured I'd ask if anyone has any tips for getting back into the wired in world. I plan to finally buy a flat screen (thinking 40 inch LED) now that there's a reason. I want to be able to connect it to the internet (for steaming movies and such), my gaming computer (to get crazy and play in the living room on the big screen, WOOT!) and I suppose while I'm at it, my wife's laptop. Is my best bet to just get a wifi enabled TV and connect it all together as a wireless network? Is that all I really need to do?

So happy...

Messages In This Thread