The Wire
Uncle Shags Wrote:I like your comparison to international arms escalation. Although, I'd say arms control in this country isn't exactly an easy proposition.

Yes, the second loop is immoral, but unfortunately it's reality, and as long as inner city inequality stays where it's at it's not going anywhere.

I should have better specified - domestic arms control is easier in comparison to international arms control for the reason I stated. I didn't mean to imply that it was objectively easy, because that would do an injustice to the brave men and women who work towards that goal.

And I understand that the second loop is reality, I was more trying to explain why the obvious solution to the first two scenarios (force/pressure all sides into not arming) can not be applied to the young black man example. If we're extrapolating from the solutions to the first two than the solution to this third problem would seem to be implement rules that force young black men to be less intimidating - but such laws would be morally indefensible.
You don't win the Game of Death by dying first. The name is misleading.

Messages In This Thread