UFO:Aftermath Review
Ah yes, I think Veraphim remembers "The Punisher". I don't normally rename my guys unless they really start to stand out, and The Punisher was always that one last guy left alive with 6 aliens to kill and kept pulling it off. He used that one weapon that looked like a grenade launcher with the circle of tubes and fired explosive bullets. Tended to set him on auto-fire and just spam explosive death. Most agents had crappy accuracy on full auto but he'd been around so long that he could hit better with full auto than some guys could do with an aimed shot.

It's always a sad day to lose a guy like that. (Poor old Ron.)

What makes these games great are those little moments of triumph where one agent pulls off something when you thought you were doomed.

I forget this one guy's name because ultimately he died anyway, but during one mission, the smoke grenade was clearing again, down to my last 2 guys, down to ghetto weapons, this one poor bastard is standing there once again expecting 1 or 2 aliens to appear out of the smoke as he's standing there backed into a corner with his H&K MP5-PDW.

3 greys pop out right in front of him, nose to nose.

Full auto, he mowed all three of them down with his submachinegun. SMG's can be quite nasty, even against alien armor when you're only having to fire from 1 foot away.

Messages In This Thread