Poll: Do you still watch broadcast TV?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes -- I have cable or satellite and plan to keep it
44.00%
11 44.00%
Yes -- I have cable or satellite and am seriously thinking of canceling it
8.00%
2 8.00%
Sort of -- I have an antenna but canceled cable/satellite
8.00%
2 8.00%
No -- I just use internet streaming services
36.00%
9 36.00%
No -- I don't watch any sort of shows, streaming or broadcast
4.00%
1 4.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Zero TV
Interesting article:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/04/08/broadcasters-worry-about-zero-tv-homes/?intcmp=features">http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/04/08/ ... p=features</a><!-- m -->

"Zero TV" households are those without traditional ways to receive broadcasts -- no cable, no satellite, no antenna, just internet.

I joined the ranks last year and haven't missed my cable subscription at all. I was almost never using it.

Netflix is now about 90% of what I watch. I do a lot of streaming TV shows and movies and I have their two-at-a-time DVD deal as well.

Once in a while I fill in with Amazon. I have Amazon Prime, mainly for free two-day shipping, but that also gets me access to some free stuff. Occasionally I will purchase episodes to bridge the gap between what Netflix has on streaming (e.g., seasons 1-3) and what Hulu or the channel's website has available online (e.g., season 4, episodes 6+ -- I may buy episodes 1-5 on Amazon to catch up to what Hulu has)

I don't use iTunes because I hate the iTunes interface and refuse to be subjected to it. (Sadly, Lost Girl episodes beyond what Netflix streams are only for sale in iTunes, so no Lost Girl for me til Netflix gets it or they sell it on Amazon!)

I haven't been roped into Hulu Plus yet. I'd like to resist a third subscription streaming service. I have used Hulu regular though.

I watch everything (except Hulu) on my Tivo but I could also use my XBox if I blew the dust off and re-upped my subscription. I hear the Roku is good though and streams just about everything imaginable.

I'm not much into sports so no loss there.

Messages In This Thread