General Market Talk
Bach Wrote:
Dustie Wrote:
Singularity Wrote:I had a tough decision today. Did I want to buy a case of Smithwicks, or spend that money on purchasing the controlling interest in General Motors?

In the end, I thought the Smithwicks was the better deal.

Maybe if we all pool our beer money, we can buy GM and Fannie May.

GM funds 750,000 retirement checks and other than a possible pure electric car, doesn't have a product line thats anything the other guys don't.

We're better off drinking the beer. However, with three quarters of a million retiree pensions and millions of satelite bussinesses at stake I suppose someones going to need to keep them a float if just for the retirees. Whoever that is going to be can probably kiss they're money goodbye unless they can get all the current GM upper management new brains or fired. Unfortunately the "YES MEN" of the 1980's are in charge now and no one really took the time to teach them anything along the way. :cry: Rick Wagoner is no Lee Iococa.

I wonder if part of the Governemtn bailout they are hoping for would get them out from under the payments to retirees. I think the airlines did that and it seemed to work for them.

I'm assuming if GM went bust the retirees would be totally screwed. If the Govt took of the pension they would probably just be partialy screwed as I'm sure the benefits would not be as rich as they are now.

put me down in the Beer column

Hows the Beer industry doing anyway?

Another Ben Franklin Quote:

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." :wink:

Messages In This Thread