July 20th 1969 Moon landing
Vllad Wrote:Hoof,

Thudz and I had a conversation very similiar to the issues you raised last week. It was in regards to technological break threw's in the last 300 years vs the last 30.

In a nut shell it is very common to miss the importance of the break through until it is actually put to practical use.

For example:

Automobile:

We could build an automobile as early as the 1830's, decades before they started to be produced for practical reasons. Why?
The automobile didn't make any sense. It was expensive to build and their was no infrastructure in place to support them. IF you have no roads automobiles don't work as well as horses. Therefore the break threw of the automobile didn't catch on until years later.

Some of the most important discoveries of man kind turned out this way. Things are discovered but not refined for decades later.
Space travel will turn out the same way. One day when space travel becomes the norm they will look back on our moon program as the key component. You are to close to the history to still fairly judge the moon program.

Only nut-jobs need to read further:

For the idiots who think it was a hoax. Especially for those not alive when it happened, do you have any idea how dumb you have to be to believe it was a hoax?

We are talking Jessica Simpson dumb where you ignore all of the scientific facts, the 400,000 people that worked on it directly, another 200,000 people that worked on it indirectly, radio telemetry, all physical proof and the fact that the very people who would want to discredit it confirmed it, the USSR.

If you weren't alive at that time do you have any idea how public this program was? Every amature in the world was given direct information on how to catch radio feed back or given constant updates for astronomers to follow their progress.

God couldn't have pulled a lie like that off.

Vllad

Actively believing something was a hoax and trying to disprove it is one thing. Holding out on some real data that can't easily be written off is another. Again, I don't care if we did or didn't since like we've discussed, our space roads aren't paved yet. Consider me a skeptic that wants to believe but will need more then a fake looking video filmed in slow motion and reflectors that could be placed on an unmanned mission.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.

Messages In This Thread