July 20th 1969 Moon landing
Dustie Wrote:See Slamz thread for the same answer I would give to that. My quick answer is that that is on of a thousand things that might be technically possible, but highly improbable in conjunction with all the other events.

We need a separate thread for Hoax-talk vs talking about this topic for the "believers" since I'm not really interested in convincing anyone this event occurred.

I am interested in hearing back on the view that the moon landing was basically a result of the development of ballistic missiles.

On the "Non-hoax topic". If you haven't read Moon Shoot then you should really read it. It was written by Deke Slayton and Alan Shepard. Both of those guys were in the original Mercury Space program. For those that know nothing about the US space program it went Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, Skylab, and then the Space Shuttle. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.com/Moon-Shot-Inside-Story-Americas/dp/1570361673">http://www.amazon.com/Moon-Shot-Inside- ... 1570361673</a><!-- m -->

The real reason we were able to go to the moon was because of Dr. Wernher von Braun's Saturn V rocket. Without him and his team of German scientists we might not have even developed a space program to begin with. Moon Shot really puts into perspective how close we were to giving up the entire space race at several points. It also puts into perspective how close the Apollo XI was to not being able to land or even crashing into the moon.

Another fun fact I found out while watching, I think it was called, "History According to Walter Cronkite"; he said that CBS had a model of the moon landing that they showed simulating the landing; the simulated landing was shown while the actual moon landing occurred. But the simulated landing was shown 40 seconds before the actual landing occurred. While the lunar lander was in trouble and looking for an alternate site to land at the world was celebrating the lunar landing since everyone thought that the simulation was shown at the same time as the actual landing. He said that CBS and the world has conveniently forgotten about that footnote in history.
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
HE'S QUICK, HE'S STRONG, HE'S ACTIVE!
You can take Alabama Man to the bowling alley, where he drinks heavily and chews tobacco!
HE CAN BOWL, HE CAN DRINK, HE CAN DRINK SOME MORE, ALA-BA-MA-MAN!
When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
BEATS HIS WIFE AND SLEEPS IT OFF, A-LA-BA-MA MAN!

Messages In This Thread