Why the Irish are so...
Dustie Wrote:
Vllad Wrote:
Dustie Wrote:Thudz is a hot blooded Irishman.

I knew he was Irish with out ever actually being told. It takes an Irishmen to understand one. Just ask Sigmund Freud, he couldn't figure us out either.
Vllad

I guess I could wiki it, but can you just tell me what Freud said about Irishmen?

(I'm half Irish too)

Instead of derailing the other thread I will post the answer to that question here.

"This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."
- Sigmund Freud (speaking about the Irish)

One of his followers said that Freud categorized people as "Irish and non-Irish." He did in fact have a dilemma with the study of Irish people.

Other quotes to illustrate exactly what make us Irish.

"The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad. For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad."
- G.K. Chesterton

"When anyone asks me about the Irish character, I say look at the trees. Maimed, stark and misshapen, but ferociously tenacious."
- Edna O'Brien

"It's not that the Irish are cynical. It's simply that they have a wonderful lack of respect for everything and everybody."
- Brendan Behan

"The Irish do not want anyone to wish them well; they want everyone to wish their enemies ill."
- Harold Nicolson

"Though the pen is mightier than the sword, the sword speaks louder and stronger at any given moment."
- Leonard Wibberley, Irish author of comic novel "The Mouse That Roared"

"A Kerry footballer with an inferiority complex is one who thinks he's just as good as everybody else."
- Author John B. Keane

"Making peace, I have found, is much harder than making war."
- Gerry Adams

"I spent 90% of my money on women and drink. The rest I wasted."
- Soccer superstar George Best

"You know, I have a theory about Charlie Haughey. If you give him enough rope, he'll hang you."
- BBC Ireland reporter Leo Enright.

Messages In This Thread