Henry James
Grieve Wrote:Depends on how loose your definition of non-Fantasy is, but some good ones are To Kill a Mockingbird (my most recent book on tape), Brave New World, 1984, Animal Farm, Heart of Darkness, On The Beach, The Catcher in the Rye, On The Road, All Quiet on the Western Front, The Grapes of Wrath, Of Mice and Men, War and Peace, Don Quixote, Price and Prejudice (with or without zombies), Frankenstein, Dracula, Our Mutual Friend, Equus, etc, etc.

I wish I still had the time to read like I did when I was young...

The first half of your list looks like my high school summer reading lists so I've read most of those. I never did read War and Peace though, or any of the last 5 books in your list. I'll add those to my list, except for Equus -- is that about horse lovers?
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison

Messages In This Thread