SGU - StarGate Universe premier
Moristans Wrote:
Quote:I guess you missed the big part of the plot that HUMANS ARE ALL OVER THE UNIVERSE, because they're used as hosts by the Goa'uld evil parasite race that has enslaved them, except for earth, that rebeled and buried their Stargate.

No, maybe I'm one of the few people who actually enjoyed the movie despite my pet peaves. In the original movie, the evil alien became a parasite on Humans because Humans were cheap and easy to repair, thus effectively rendering him immortal. He was, surprise, quite humanoid himself. I'm not sure how the species became a parasitic worm in SG1, but all they did was make a Human-worm hybrid.

None of that even addresses the really annoying thing for me about SG1 that every planet with a stargate is a lush, green, Canada-like environment. I know, I know. It's filmed in Canada.

You also missed the part that Goa'uld can take different hosts, which play a part in the personality, similar to how what host an Alien will determine what it comes out as.

You also missed the part that the Stargates were created and placed by an ancient race (The Ancients) 10k years ago. Why do you think they'd place them on lush planets? Because they're humanoid. There were several episodes where, since due to time, the planet had undergone changes and was no longer 'lush'. SG1 visits many non lush planets, including several deserts, volcanic, etc etc. They also start experimenting with moving Stargates from their original locations and end up making a 'gate bridge' to another Galaxy..which leads to the Atlantis franchise.

1-7: Cold Lazarus - Sg1 enters desert planet, and encounters a lifeform that takes control of O'Niels body to learn about humans.
1-17: Enigma - SG1 rescues technologically advanced Tollan scouting party from death on a dying planet
1-19: Tin Man - planets radiation shield has collapsed and previous scouting party has now gone insane due to radiation
3-52: Demons - SG1 encounters the first humanoid lifeform used by Goa'ulds.

just a few examples
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Stargate_SG-1_episodes">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_St ... 1_episodes</a><!-- m -->
[should not have shot the dolphin]

Messages In This Thread