How to secure gun but stay ready for defense
The thing about the biometric that I think is a pretty much necessity is when you are programming it to accept your fingerprint, program your finger as many times as it will let you. I literally programmed my fingerprint 20 or 30 times and I would rotate my finger just a bit more to the side every time as well. I also programmed my index finger on both hands. I would say that mine opens about 80% of the time on the first try and 100% of the time within 3 tries. So I think that's pretty damn good for the price that I paid for it, but I did move that safe to my office and my bedside safe is now a 4 digit combination. I really like the 4 button combination safes better as you don't have to get overly creative with the combination to keep your kids out of the safe and all of these safes have a max number of tries before they go on lockdown and can't be opened. Also, a lot of them when you go in and enter a correct combination on the safe, if someone has entered an incorrect combination there is some sort of warning (the light may blink a different color, or beep in a different pattern) so you know if one of your kids has been jacking with it.

Diggles. What did you decide on? (Or have you?)
TinStar
96 99 44 4 33

Messages In This Thread