Computer doesn't detect monitor/keyboard
I had an issue where my computer booted and went to my desktop but once it got there it wouldn't do anything.  I restarted the computer and then the only way I could get back to the desktop was in safe mode(it would boot and my 2nd monitor would go to sleep and then eventually my 1st monitor would turn black, but I could see my mouse moving).  I decided to do a reset on my computer.  Once the reset was done, my keyboard (old Saitek Cyborg usb keyboard) and my 2nd monitor (dvi connection) aren't working.  If I unplug the keyboard and plug it back in I get the windows noise for new hardware and the keyboard lights up, but it doesn't do anything.  The same thing happens with my monitor when I unplug the dvi cable it will come on with a blank screen and get the windows noise but immediately go to sleep.  I even unplugged my main monitor (HDMI) and plugged my 2nd in through the HDMI cable and it did the same thing(windows noise, blank screen, immediately goes to sleep).

I have updated windows, updated my video card driver, disabled and reenabled my video card, messed with all of the display settings (extending displays, changing priority, etc) and nothing works.  

I was able to plug in a different usb keyboard and it works fine.

My video card is a Radeon 550 series card.  

I have a hard time believing this is a video card  or a keyboard/monitor issue as it's the exact same issue with my keyboard and my monitor but any suggestions are appreciated it.
TinStar
96 99 44 4 33

Messages In This Thread
Computer doesn't detect monitor/keyboard - by TinStar - 04-24-2018, 01:59 PM