Origin of "FEF"
I wonder if people still use this term. "FEF". At one time it was in widespread use on Vallon Zek and I'm sure I recall seeing someone use it in Asherson's Call 2, as well.

That was a term coined by Mercenary. I helped.

Mercenary was kind of a feeb. He thought he was way more awesome than he really was. I think in his mind, he was like a lone wolf pirate, dangerous and mysterious. In my mind, he was more like Inspector Clouseau.

So I encountered him in my favorite dungeon: Guk. Small windey passageways, lots of non-threatening low level creatures, it's a great place to just run around in.

So me and him had a fight. We must have both been around level 40.

Back and forth, we went at each other, but I was winning by a good bit.

When a level 4 monster sees a level 40 character, it wisely chooses to ignore them, since attacking would be suicidal.

Unless, of course, the level 40 character only has 10 hit points left. Then the monster figures this is its big shot at fame and glory. If monsters ever went out to bars on weekends, somewhere there would be a level 4 froglok still telling this tale.

So Mercenary is nearly dead. He's doing everything he can to get away from me at this point, but on his way to the exit one of these level 4 monsters sees how close to dead he is and takes a swipe.

Yep. Mercenary, level 40 big headed shadowknight, dies to a level 4 froglok that any newbie could have wrestled to the ground with one hand behind their back.

I did what any respectable citizen would do. I took a screenshot and posted it on the internet.

I made sure to highlight the message Mercenary sent me:

Mercenary tells you: "fuc en fag"

I guess he wasn't happy.

And so a new term was born. That is the origin of the term "FEF".

[Image: Merc_death_quote.jpg]

Messages In This Thread