Skill Based System.
"Nor killing them for loot...."

perfect. Unless the orcs spend money to buy their armor and materials, you shouldnt be able to sell the armor or materials for money, but thats economy and for another topic. I think you're better off focusing on skills and skill advancement, screw equipment.

Ive played WW2OL for 7 years, and from day one I was useful in PVP and advancing the war (storyline). Simply because the equipment I use, is the same that the veterans use. The skill of pvp comes from my PERSONAL experience. A guy who's played years (level 60) will beat a guy who started today (level 1), even though they're in balanced equipment, because the veteran has learned how to use it and where to shoot.... Experience not in points but in ACTUAL experience.

If I start today with a level 60 character, I shouldnt be able to beat a level 20 simply because my character has ubersword +20..... I might be "playing" a level 60 experience'd character, but I am in fact, a level 1.

Skill trees for diversity, as Vllad is getting after, is the greatest idea, as long as you're not creating an uber-character simply because you've played longer/ have more skill points ...... Let people customize their routes, characters, with certain skills that are useful, but the real advantage of having played a while is knowing how the factions work, where you are within the factions, and how to push/pull a faction to your whims.

Messages In This Thread