Bill Counts continue to decline
Hoofhurr Wrote:As our manufacturing base goes the way of our 1800s agricultural sector where are people supposed to get jobs? This is what I'm curious about.

I'm sure a lot of agricultural workers asked the same question. And I'm sure that the same process will continue to take place. New industries and technologies will create new jobs and new opporunity. It's hard to see it when you're in it, but this is what's happened before and this is what will continue to happen. If you think about it, its more radical to say "that won't happen again the way it has for the last 200 years .. this time, its different."

Sure, one of these years (out of the next few hundred) I'll be wrong, but I doubt it will be this year.

As for a more specific answer, I don't know. You can play fill in the blank though (using the topcis coverered in "Masters of Enterprise" as a template):

Sailboats
Steam ships
Rail and Train
Automobile
Airplane
Rockets and space ships
Next:_______

Telegraph
Telephone
Radio
TV and Motion picture
Microprocessors
Internet
Next:________

Agricultrual Boom
Manufacturing Boom
Transportation Boom
Commnication Boom
Next:_________

/apologize I won't talk about anything other then bill counts after this.

/back on topic
I'm glad to hear the bill count info Vllad
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison

Messages In This Thread