Dow just hit a 8 month high.
Breand Wrote:
Vanraw Wrote:This is true, but you can still lose your ass with a corparation that pays good dividends. I bought GE around 25 and though it was a good deal.

yeah but that's short term thinking. Do you think GE will still be at 12.25 5 years from now? the bigger question is, "how much is GE paying out in dividends during this stretch?"

I just got a $40 dividend from HIMX based off an initial $335 investment.

PGH has jumped between $5 and $8 since I bought it, but I'm still getting my .10 a share monthly dividend.

That's one of the arguments people keep throwing at Peter Schiff "Oh your investment values have been hit hard." And he responds "All investment values have been hit hard, but mine are still paying out dividends."

I dont disagree, but you still have to watch what you buy. GE is a great example. What happens when you bought GE in 2001 for 60, while it was paying .26 in div a share. Its now $12 and paying .10. How long before you think it will be 60 again? Thats the long term.......

I'm bitter because I have seen nice prohets disappear due to my philosophy of Buy and hold, for the long term. I got screwed in 2000, and I got screwed in 2008. In this market there is no longer a "long term". Buy and hold is dead. Buy, lockin prophets, sell, and move on.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]

Messages In This Thread