Application for Star Wars: The Old Republic for Ulmoth
Greetings,

First things first... I read that whole post you said applicants should read.

I also read the cartoon. It made me chuckle. It also made me want to go out and smite some Republic gayness (not that there's anything wrong with Republic gayness, mind you).

Second thing... My main SWTOR character name is Ulmoth. However, seeing as I also read that whole post about not naming myself Craphead, I chose to go with Papa Khann as my forum name. It's an internet name (and real life nickname, bestowed upon me by a friend long, long ago, in a house far, far away from where most of you live) that's been with me for close to a couple decades.

Third... I've had an internet name/nickname for close to a couple decades, so if you're wondering if I'm old enough for you to be comfortable hanging out with, I am. As I shared with a few of you in your vent channel last night, the formula for calculating my age is simple. Take the average age of DIRT, then add "+1".

I've played a fair number of MMO's over the years. WoW, WAR, AoC, LotRO, Rift. Even Anarchy Online, at launch no less. (Anyone besides me have any AO launch debacle stories to share? Remember when FunCom suggested we all play in first person perspective and point our cameras at our feet whenever we were in high population areas? Ah, the good old days...)

PvE in these games is all well and good, but when it comes right down to it, I play to PvP. I don't enjoy ganking lowbies, so I don't do it unless I've caught them red-handed ganking even lower lowbies (most notably ME, on a lower level alt, in which case their day is going to be darkened for quite some amount of time).

My philosophy in these games is fairly simple. I play to have fun. Also, shoot the guys with the RED names, heal the guys with the GREEN names.

Thus far anyway, SWTOR is awesome, because as a Mercenary, I have fun. Also, I can shoot the guys with the GREEN names, and it heals them (often startles the heck out of them too, if they haven't seen it done before). This allows me to both heal someone and vent my frustrations with them, all in one fell swoop. Can't ask for more than that from a video game.

So I came across Karne in-game the other night and we grouped for a bit. He must have liked the cut of my jib (whatever the h*ll that means), because last night he gave me your vent info and we hooked up with some other members and ran some War Zones. We won a few, lost a few, and I felt nicely welcomed by all.

I got the impression that most of the folks I met wouldn't become ill if I applied for membership, so here I am. I also recall one or two mentioning that I'd be an idiot to mention Karne's name in my application. Apparently I'm an idiot, because I've already mentioned his name, but it's too much work to go back and edit my post, so there.

Hope to see you all in-game.

Papa
aka Ulmoth
Great app! A blueprint for how to do it right you might say.
Skelas

Burnt to a crisp.
I approve.
All long term Purge members must ultimately face the Diggles Test.
welcome aboard. get ahold of an officer for an invite.

-ken
New World: Snowreap
Life is Feudal: Snowreap Iggles, Taralin Iggles, Preyz Iggles
Naval Action: Taralin Snow, Snowy Iggles
EQ2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Taralin, Disruption, Preyz, Taralynne, Snowy, Snowz
ESO: Snowreap, Yellowtail
PS2: Snowreap
GW2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Taralynne
RIFT: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Snowy
PotBS (British): Taralin Snow, Taralynne Snow, Snowy Iggles, Edward Snow
PotBS (Pirate): Taralin Snowden, Taralynne Snowden, Redshirt Snowden
WW2O: Snowreap
WAR: Snowreap, Preyz, Lbz, Leadz, Snowz, Taralin, Snowmeltz, Yellowtail, Snowbankz
APB: Snowreap, Sentenza
STO: Snowreap@Snowreap, Snowz@Snowreap
AoC: Yellowtail, Snowreap, Snowstorm, Redshirt
WoW (Horde): Snowreap, Savagery, Baelzenun, Wickedwendy, Taralin, Disruption, Scrouge, Bette
WoW (Alliance): Yellowtail, Wickedwendy, Snowreap
AC1: Snowstorm, Yellowtail, Shirt Ninja, Redshirt
Glad to have you!
Rizxen - Master of Clones