In case your phone is just too big of a computer for you
http://blog.laptopmag.com/usb-stick-cont...id-station
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
That is amazing.
Zirak / Thanoslug in lots of MMOs
[Image: homicidal.jpg]
"Consensus: The process of abandoning all beliefs, principles, values, and policies in search of something in which no one believes, but to which no one objects; the process of avoiding the very issues that have to be solved, merely because you cannot get agreement on the way ahead." -Margaret Thatcher
very cool.. not sure the real world use for it as basically everyone I know has a smart phone and a lot of smart phones provide the same functionality.. but if they can get the price point well under $200, I could possibly see this being useful... but I really think this is more of a stepping stone to something even cooler later.
I don't own kid gloves.

Steam Friend Code : 1636490
The fact you can walk into someone's house and instantly turn their 60" TV into a computer (via the HDMI port) is pretty compelling. You can do that over WIFI with an iPhone/iPad, but you need an AppleTV attached...at least until the iTV is out...

But yeah, I expect as Google TV takes off in more TV chipsets, you might end up being able to do this wirelessly with your phone.
Yea, my phone has a mini-HDMI, I can take the cable, plug it from my phone to the TV and whamo, Android on the TV. I'm assuming I could connect a bluetooth keyboard to my phone, but not entirely sure, never had a reason to try.
I don't own kid gloves.

Steam Friend Code : 1636490
Im sure Apple will find some reason to sue them for it while crying "but we thought of it first"
I'm convinced you and Slamz have macros setup with that reply. In fact if it weren't for the political forum I'd suspect you were the same person...or maybe that's all part of the ruse!!
Well Apple is.... Oh never mind.

I will say that one of the cool concepts of this is a vision of the concept of SIM cards some years back. The idea is you could walk into someones house and plug in your sim cards and calls and such would now come to you. Of course this was pre-internet smart phone, but the concept applies.

I could see it as not only a CPU processing concept but something that identifies with the individual user. So Joe could plug in and have all his stuff, music games, etc, and Sally could plug in and the same. I could be very interesting.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
Also in the cool gadget category...the One Laptop Per Child project has come up with a $100 Android tablet that you you can power by solar energy or hand cranking. Technically only governments and aid organizations can buy them, but I'm sure some will end up on eBay. I'd get one just for my Armageddon/zombie apocalypse/Mad Max emergency preparedness kit...

http://www.slashgear.com/olpc-unveiling-...-07207010/
Linux can be installed on Android and run withing the Android OS.
Think about it.
You have this USB stick, plug it into your TV, not only do you have Android, but you can boot up Linux as well. Pretty powerful.

Linux and Unix have always been good in the sense that they along can be booted from a USB stick, on any computer, but it needs to be a computer. With this thing, it doesn't...you just need a screen, any screen. Pretty awesome. Once that becomes WiFi (or some other wireless tech) available...even better. =)
Fretty
Guild Wars 2: Fretty The Charming - Mesmer(currently inactive)
Rift: Nico - Cleric Extraordinaire // Fretty - Radical Rogue(currently inactive)
Eve: Fret V2 - EW Master of the Universe (currently inactive)
Your head, my lap. 'Nuff said.