60 hunter applying
Greets all.

I was a bit hesitant to post an application seeing as though this guild is not recruiting at the moment. Having been reassured by a few of you in game though, I'll do so anyway -- for consideration at a time when you are recruiting, if nothing else.

I'd like to join you guys on instance runs and BG's. The easiest and most comfortable way to do that is to join your guild I'm guessing. I've gotten to know a few of you and really like your attitude toward the game and other players. I also really like your website/auto updating roster(thats so freaking cool!). Seems to me like you guys communicate well and have a lot of fun together and I'd like to be a part of that.

Because you are no longer taking applications, Im guessing that you have everything you need from your current player base. So I doubt I can really offer you much more than the obvious services of a 60 hunter with decent gear(decent for non PvP/MC/Ony). Past that I'm honest, I love to play this game and I know how to play my class (though I'm a firm believer that there's always a better way to do something. Advice is always considered and appreciated before being applied or thrown out).

Thats the short version as I am well aware of how long winded I can be.
Here's a bit more of introduction:

My current guild consists of real life friends and family. People that I love to spend time with, however they are not necessarily avid gamers like I am. My job situation (freelance tech/consultant) allows me to play quite a bit more than most of them which means I normally play alone. That is the main reason I am looking to join another guild: There are many things you can't do alone in this game and I'm getting a little frustrated with pickup groups.

The main reason I am looking to join THIS guild above others is the people. I've looked through several guild websites, rosters, etc. upon invites from in game friends and it seems theres always 3 or 4 players there that I'd rather not be associated with. Through the seemingly countless pickup groups I've been in I've accumulated a list of players that I'd just as soon not be in the same realm with, let alone guild.
The Purge roster thus far has no players that fall into that category for me. While I only remember seeing about half of you in game, those of you I've talked to have always had a sense of humor and been down to earth, any groups Ive been in that had a Purge member always turned out to be a lot of fun and a huge success.

This is the first MMORPG I've played. I never liked the idea of my skills as a player being inconsequential when compared to the skills of my character. The PvP in this game is much more than just dice rolls based on how long you spent grinding and is why I started playing WoW. Real life issues have had me moving all over the country the past few months where often the only internet access I've had is dial-up, so I've really fallen behind on my pvp goals. Dial-up+2000 ping = frozen screen till the 'Release Spirit' button comes up. I'm back now, though. I have broadband and I'm really looking foward to reclaiming some of those lost kills and would love to be in a guild that is always down for slaughtering alliance. (Though I don't kill grey stuff and I don't camp corpses. With diminishing returns on redundant PK's it wastes my time as much as theirs. But, if it can be done in the game, then its part of the game. I understand that, as should any player that chose to make an alliance character on this PvP server... and sometimes I feel like wasting a little time. >=] )

I would like to be in a voice comm group in AV and WSG. Seems to me like that would just kick ass. MC and Onyxia would be cool but aren't exactly a priority for me. (Though I'd love to not have to find a pick-up group for UBRS anymore. I've been trying like hell for 3 weeks to get the last piece of my beast stalker set (because it looks so damn cool and I can finally wear it after the fix thats coming in 1.7.) 23 kills on General Drakk ... never seen the tunic drop... I'm really getting tired of running that place with new people every time.)

Thanks for making it to the bottom of my post. If you need some extra DPS and have room for me, I'd be more than happy to join you on a run.
See you in game, good luck, have fun, and all that jazz.

Eggo
It's about time! I have been looking here 2-3 times a day waiting for this application. Smile

LEGGO MY EGGO!

Two thumbs up from me! I'd give ya more, but I only have 2.

-Kylipso
[Image: Kylipso.png]
Time is money, friend!
I have a basement full of thumbs and I also think Eggo is a stand up breakfast treat.
Nice post. Thanks for stopping by and introducing yourself. Hoku/Kylipso speaks very highly of you too, so thats always a big plus. There are definately times when exceptions can be, or are made, so continue to group up with us, and do what you do best. I wish you the best of luck with your app! See you in game.
Gameless (for now)
hunters sux ^^

Big Grin

=(

Smile ?

=/

HUNTERS RULE!!
wow great application
Obliterate
The Anti-Paladin
Agreed... very nice app.

Eggo... Don't worry about the whole Recruitment closed thing. We did that because we had several people join in a short amount of time, and we as a guild wanted to take a moment to get to know them better before inviting anymore people.

That means that we still keep our eyes out for quality people and you definitely seem to fall into that category. So like Orsun said... keep on grouping with us and i'm sure it will all work out just fine.

-turnip
Rift - Sornas | Warrior
GA - Sornas | Recon/Robotics
WoW - Sornas | Blood Elf Death Knight (Retired)
WoW - Sorna | Undead Priest (Retired)
WAR - Anros | Dwarf Engineer (Retired)
Lineage 2 - Anika | Silver Ranger (Retired)
EQ - Durgin Bladestorm | Dwarf Warrior (Retired)