SWTOR Naga gaming mouse
Looks freaking sweet, but not $60 more than the original sweet.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcQpw0OYmXo[/youtube]
Yet another mouse that hates left handers Smile
looks pretty stupid and uncomfortable
[should not have shot the dolphin]
Really looks uncomfortable for the pinky finger. Besides, you're basically paying for a fancy light, a couple of button you can't even use and a battery charger which seems superfluous since the mouse has a USB cable.
Just feels like pimpin' your gaming tools, like you would a car. Except you don't brag about being a gamer.
Just call me CD on vent.
The Razer SWTOR keyboard is pretty sweet looking too. It's part of the same product line as that mouse. It's also $250. NO THANKS (but do want).
Fretty
Guild Wars 2: Fretty The Charming - Mesmer(currently inactive)
Rift: Nico - Cleric Extraordinaire // Fretty - Radical Rogue(currently inactive)
Eve: Fret V2 - EW Master of the Universe (currently inactive)
Your head, my lap. 'Nuff said.
I used the MMO Naga a while back, while it was a good mouse i didn't buy another when it broke.....
Gunldesnapper Krewe GW2
AT1 (AW) Fritsch <retired> USN
The half man!
I think there is such a thing as too many thumb buttons on a mouse, and that mouse has it.

Also, I'm dubious about my own ability to thumb buttons while moving the mouse to the right at the same time. I'm a 'claw grip' mouse user, as compared to 'palm grip' users. when I want to move the mouse to the right, I push it in that direction using my thumb. having to move my thumb to reach a button might interfere with that, although I haven't tried it myself to know for sure.

I think the right side of the mouse could use a button or two for my ring finger to press, though. I hold my mouse (a Logitech G9) with my thumb and pinky and press the top buttons with my index and middle fingers, which leaves my ring finger with little to do.

-ken
New World: Snowreap
Life is Feudal: Snowreap Iggles, Taralin Iggles, Preyz Iggles
Naval Action: Taralin Snow, Snowy Iggles
EQ2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Taralin, Disruption, Preyz, Taralynne, Snowy, Snowz
ESO: Snowreap, Yellowtail
PS2: Snowreap
GW2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Taralynne
RIFT: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Snowy
PotBS (British): Taralin Snow, Taralynne Snow, Snowy Iggles, Edward Snow
PotBS (Pirate): Taralin Snowden, Taralynne Snowden, Redshirt Snowden
WW2O: Snowreap
WAR: Snowreap, Preyz, Lbz, Leadz, Snowz, Taralin, Snowmeltz, Yellowtail, Snowbankz
APB: Snowreap, Sentenza
STO: Snowreap@Snowreap, Snowz@Snowreap
AoC: Yellowtail, Snowreap, Snowstorm, Redshirt
WoW (Horde): Snowreap, Savagery, Baelzenun, Wickedwendy, Taralin, Disruption, Scrouge, Bette
WoW (Alliance): Yellowtail, Wickedwendy, Snowreap
AC1: Snowstorm, Yellowtail, Shirt Ninja, Redshirt
Snowreap Wrote:I think there is such a thing as too many thumb buttons on a mouse, and that mouse has it.

Also, I'm dubious about my own ability to thumb buttons while moving the mouse to the right at the same time. I'm a 'claw grip' mouse user, as compared to 'palm grip' users. when I want to move the mouse to the right, I push it in that direction using my thumb. having to move my thumb to reach a button might interfere with that, although I haven't tried it myself to know for sure.

I think the right side of the mouse could use a button or two for my ring finger to press, though. I hold my mouse (a Logitech G9) with my thumb and pinky and press the top buttons with my index and middle fingers, which leaves my ring finger with little to do.

-ken

You described exactly how I use/hold a mouse too.
Fretty
Guild Wars 2: Fretty The Charming - Mesmer(currently inactive)
Rift: Nico - Cleric Extraordinaire // Fretty - Radical Rogue(currently inactive)
Eve: Fret V2 - EW Master of the Universe (currently inactive)
Your head, my lap. 'Nuff said.
Fretty Wrote:
Snowreap Wrote:I think there is such a thing as too many thumb buttons on a mouse, and that mouse has it.

-ken

You described exactly how I use/hold a mouse too.

I'm very similar. Thumb/Pinky to grip/move the mouse. I differ in that Forefinger and Ring finger for the buttons. My middle finger is mouse wheel/button.
ESO - Rallick of Purge (Sorceror) - The Purge (and various others)
RIFT - Rallock (Cleric) - Virus (Deepwood)
WAR - Rallick (ArchMage) - The Purge
WoW - Rallick/Mootendo - The Purge
EQ - Nintelten <Defiant>
Rallick go back to your own forum page. Your kind isn't allowed over here with us!!!
All long term Purge members must ultimately face the Diggles Test.
Haha. Don't you like how we reacted to your post now? Smile

Plus this thread really had no real SWTOR relation anyways.
ESO - Rallick of Purge (Sorceror) - The Purge (and various others)
RIFT - Rallock (Cleric) - Virus (Deepwood)
WAR - Rallick (ArchMage) - The Purge
WoW - Rallick/Mootendo - The Purge
EQ - Nintelten <Defiant>
I felt a disturbance in the force and came to read the post.
Gunldesnapper Krewe GW2
AT1 (AW) Fritsch <retired> USN
The half man!
Well after a couple days I'm loving it. Definitely a learning curve but after a few days Ive got it down. It's really a matter of just repetition of knowing what buttons are your favorite abilities. One thing I noticed is Im getting instants that arent on the GCD off super fast because it takes no effort to do an extra thumb press...particularly interrupts, I'm a machine with them. I also mapped the middle mouse press to shift so I have 12 more abilities available on the buttons. Not sure how other classes operate, but marauders need them. For melee classes this is a no brainer. And I now see more clearly who IS not using them in battlegrounds...the "back pedalers" stick out like a sore thumb when you are circle strafing the heck out of them.