how high will oil /gas go...
Seems like more speculitive hype again to me, but i wonder where it will end. There are 3 forks in the road, short term.

1. Iran war or even a smal fire..... I seriously doubt we will war with iran, but i dont doubt there will be some major incurrsion..

2. Status quo. Continued stalemate...... I call this the north korea model.

3. Iran folds..... Doubtfull....
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
you could also add the upcoming election as another fork.. depending on what you consider short term.
I don't own kid gloves.

Steam Friend Code : 1636490
Ok, so here is my prediction.

Oil will hit 180 /b
Gas will hit 5.10 /g

Peak this summer.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

Gas......What an Issue for me.

Gas is from what I am told from our suppliers is forecasted to go up over $5 this year. I am also being told that if it keeps at the same pace, we will be over $6 and $7 dollars in the coming years. Now is this a political ploy right now for Obama? You know elections are coming up, so wouldn't it be huge for the prez if sometime closer to elections he might do something about the prices to get them down? I know he can't control it outright himeself, but it sure would make him look like a superstar...which in my eyes, he isn't. Anyhow......in my business, we use a ton of gas. For example:

In 2007 I used 223,090.64 gallons of gas for my fleet at a cost of $597,243.19.
compared to:
In 2011 I used 247,154.42 gallons of gas at a cost of $850,240.36. That is a 22.18% increase in cost for me at an average of $3.44 per gallon.

So projected for me in 2012, let's say at your $5.10 /g estimate is brutal and probably a very probable guess. That'd put me at $1,260,487.50 at that projected cost and that's only if I use the same amount of fuel. Awesome eh? lol

So the gas for the last 6 plus years has only trended upwards (except for 1 time in 2009 when it averaged a low $1.91 /g). So I wouldn't be excpexting it to go down anytime soon. You best start saving for that high fuel economy vehicle if it might become an issue for you.

Loppy
About the only things Obama could do to bring prices down is drive us into another deep recession and destroy demand (which probably wouldn't help at the polls too much), or somehow convince Iran to give up on on nukes (which is a bit far fetched).
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
Umm... or he could just step down. That would help Smile
I don't own kid gloves.

Steam Friend Code : 1636490
Ahem:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://thepurge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=9855">viewtopic.php?f=43&t=9855</a><!-- l -->

Instructions for joining the political forum contained therein!
Slamz Wrote:Ahem:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://thepurge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=9855">viewtopic.php?f=43&t=9855</a><!-- l -->

Instructions for joining the political forum contained therein!

Thank you.... Except for the ahmen part.... :twisted:

Back on topic.

Obama might open gas reserves, but that doesn't do much, historically, except miss off the speculators.

The interesting thing about gas usage is we, the USA is using less. Not because of economy but because of more efficient usage. But our refineries are evidently the highest quality so we are becoming a gas exporter.....

Eitherway its all about Iran right now.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi