Terrible investing mistakes
About 6 weeks ago I bought a couple of April $505 calls for $392 each ($784 total). Those two calls are now worth $18,560 - a 2256% return. Score! My greatest ever single trade!

[Image: AppleCalls-1.jpg]

Unfortunately, in full disclosure, this was part of a vertical call spread. There are matching $510 calls I sold, which limits my gain to a grand total of...$216. Yup, that sucks. I blame you guys for making me too cautious. Wink (Ah no, I miscalculated - $850 max profit. But still sucks compared to that $18k).

Still, Apple keeps on defying the critics (*cough*Maul*cough*Slamz) and going up year after year (up 50% this year already). I'm very tempted to buy some ridiculously out of the money calls (like Oct '12 $900s) as a low risk high reward return bet. Unlike most bets, this has a decent shot to come through - analysts are already calling for Apple to hit $1000 inside a year.

Come on...investing 800 bucks and ending up with 18+ grand in a few weeks or months? How tempting is that?
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
feel free to wire me that $216 as a downpayment
Don't worry, mate - I took the liberty of investing your money in Apple stock for you (no no, no need to thank me), and the good news is that you are doing GREAT.

Unfortunately this is in my IRA (all the money that was in my brokerage account got pulled out for living expenses... Sad), so you will have to wait until I retire to get it. Luckily I'm quite a bit older than you (although not quite as old as Vllad and Maul), so it's not all that long. And by then Apple will likely be worth $10,000 a share, so it's really a win/win situation.

(seriously, no need to thank me - I know you'd do the same for me. Although you'd probably put it in Google or Asus or something - yeash).
I'll sell you Grieve's address for $100.
I own 5 shares with a $380 per share cost basis =)
Slamz Wrote:I'll sell you Grieve's address for $100.

Sold.
Jakensama Wrote:
Slamz Wrote:I'll sell you Grieve's address for $100.

Sold.
Pfft, my home is open to all and my address is free to anyone who asks. Just know that no Android device is allowed to cross my threshold...