Doctor Who
Cue the iconic theme song! Any-who, terrible pun if that but don't judge, I love this series ranging from John Pertwee Doctor #3, Colin Baker #4, Christopher Eccleston #9, David Tenant #10, and of course Matt Smith #11. You get the point. Personally 11th is my favorite awesome space adventures galore. Thoughts?
wibbly wobbly timey wimey
David Tennant is, IMO, the best of the Doctors. Matt Smith does not do a bad job, by any means, but I feel like stepping into the shoes David Tennant was a mighty tall order for anyone to fill.
Patrick - 7X GM Dexxer (retired)
Zik the Elflord - 75 Elf BW Thief (retired, because the servers got taken down..)
Xyphos - 40 Swordmaster (retired)
WoW Toons - Three 120's, and Twenty Eight 100+'s
GW2 - The Xyphos Army
I wear a fez now. Fezzes are cool.

I love the 11th doctor because he is something none of the others have been - a geek! :mrgreen:
You don't win the Game of Death by dying first. The name is misleading.
I would agree with you Xyphos because David Tenant can be excellent but is also far more dramatic and broody than Matt Smith. Frankly after his 3d season I was getting tired of it. Whereas Matt Smith focuses on the age and experience of the Doctor enjoying the crazy and seeing the universe as a challenge/lethal amusement park is more compelling to me. Bottom line, he's adventure and humor where David Tenant was more superhero and melodrama. I think that's why most American audiences prefer him.
hmm, overall the best Dr Who ever was Tom Baker. Be interesting to see how he would have done with current budget and technology.

As for the new doctors, I have liked all of them. But I think I am enjoying Matt Smith (aka number 11 and the current Dr.) because its is fresh and a little bit of comedic value thrown in for good measure. I like his ADD like personality.

Rumor has it the next DR might be a women???
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
Vanraw Wrote:Rumor has it the next DR might be a women???

I really hope so! They've established that it's possible, and technically the Doctor is now using River Song's regenerations - so I see no reason why not :mrgreen:
I love the idea of a female time lord as our protagonist! Would it be a mature refined English lady? Or perhaps a younger woman with strong feminist outlooks? Or maybe even a punk look from the early or late 80s! The possibilities are infinite!
Yea, and you have to wonder who the sidekick would be.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/23/helen-mirren-as-doctor-wh_n_1167719.html">http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/2 ... 67719.html</a><!-- m -->
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

I have heard of this development she would be cool I believe she starred alongside Bruce Willis in the movie Red. Excellent action flick I highly recommend it. If they did a female companion with a female doctor it would be interesting to see which direction it went.
Tom Baker is my favorite Doctor. He is the one I watched the most growing up and he is the measuring stick I use for all other Doctors. I have enjoyed all of the new run of Doctors and have found them to be quite good. But they are no Tom Baker.
Zirak / Thanoslug in lots of MMOs
[Image: homicidal.jpg]
"Consensus: The process of abandoning all beliefs, principles, values, and policies in search of something in which no one believes, but to which no one objects; the process of avoiding the very issues that have to be solved, merely because you cannot get agreement on the way ahead." -Margaret Thatcher
Got a question Zirak how did you feel about Patrick Troughton or John Pertwee, second and third Doctors, I haven't seen much of the second but he's definitely fun and the third well name me one other Doctor that has used karate since? No his prowess at martial arts in bullet time aren't the only great thing about him, but right after Matt Smith he is definitely my second pick for best Doctor. Then of course there is the taboo subject..........COLIN BAKER. Easily the most hated incarnation out of the 11 so far any thoughts?
I enjoy both Patrick Troughton and Jon Pertwee. I think they both do a good job with the Doctor and their episodes are fun to watch just to see the lore of the Time Lords being developed and looking at how that lore has been changed over the years. As to Colin Baker - I don't think I've ever watched any of his episodes. I have seen a few episodes with William Hartnell - the first doctor and I rather like him as well. I watched a Dr Who story a few months ago on Netflix that had the first, second, and third Doctors all in it. It was fun.
"Consensus: The process of abandoning all beliefs, principles, values, and policies in search of something in which no one believes, but to which no one objects; the process of avoiding the very issues that have to be solved, merely because you cannot get agreement on the way ahead." -Margaret Thatcher
Jesus the first Doctor could be a huge dick. He was cool overall though. The second doctor was awesome. My only complaint about the second doctor is that I wish more episodes survived with the video intact. The third doctor LOLOLOLOLOL, Venusian Karate. Granted the third Doc was the one that started using gadgets. Also, he solved all of his problems by reversing the polarity. The second Doc did have a sonic screwdriver, but it was only a screwdriver. It did nothing else. The 4th Doctor... Would you care for a Jelly baby? Everyone liked him.

I haven't gotten past the 4th doc yet on my 200+ gigs of old Doctor Who. Yes I have watched the new stuff. David Tennant could have been a much better Doctor if he had a better production staff. As it stands he was just a very blah Doctor. Matt Smith is much better because they finally got rid of Russell T. Davies. I have no problem with David Tennant as an actor. He was just given scripts for a lot of blah episodes.
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
HE'S QUICK, HE'S STRONG, HE'S ACTIVE!
You can take Alabama Man to the bowling alley, where he drinks heavily and chews tobacco!
HE CAN BOWL, HE CAN DRINK, HE CAN DRINK SOME MORE, ALA-BA-MA-MAN!
When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
BEATS HIS WIFE AND SLEEPS IT OFF, A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
I haven't seen much of the 4th but what little I have seen has been a lot of fun. Has anyone here heard of the Doctor Who movie? So far it's been the stuff and dreams and nightmares. On one hand it's a Hollywood funded project which means more exposure and fans. On the other hand they have stated then redacted and then rumored to be ignoring the 50 years worth of lore and history already established in the series! If anyone comes across any news share and deliberate! God help Hollywood if they Michael Bay this franchise!
all Dr. Who fans should watch Community... that is all.
Gameless (for now)
Inspector Space-Time and his companion, Constable Reggie, travel around the universe in The Booth (which almost, but not quite, changes its size to match its occupants so that no matter how many or how few are in it it's always slightly too small).
Vanraw Wrote:hmm, overall the best Dr Who ever was Tom Baker.

+1
~ The Duskwood Gankster ~
WoW & Beyond: Grizzle / Grizol
EQ/SB: Rafkin / Kriticos / Dudain
grizzle Wrote:

+1
+2

He's the one I grew up with (along with K9, Sarah Jane, and Leela!). Haven't watched any of the new doctors since Sylvester Mccoy (the low point...). Maybe I'll try to introduce the kids to some of the new ones.
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
You really need to grieve, they are well done, and actually have a special effects budget. Many of the old enemies are there but they put some nice stories around then. They also introduced some new nasty guys....

There like 5 seasons on Netflix.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

On that note there a are a few episodes each season that you would not miss or be better off not watching. Russel T. Davies was not a terrible writer he just made Doctor Who more about the action and drama then the adventure, which is why Steven Moffat is better, and while this appeals to many I found myself thinking of the Doctor as a drama queen, and honestly that is not how he should come off. That being said there are plenty of episodes written by others who are glorious so pick and choose and enjoy.
Grieve Wrote:
grizzle Wrote:

+1
+2

He's the one I grew up with (along with K9, Sarah Jane, and Leela!). Haven't watched any of the new doctors since Sylvester Mccoy (the low point...). Maybe I'll try to introduce the kids to some of the new ones.
+3

Also, K9 makes a reappearance in the David Tennant era, you'll love the reunion.
SteamID - sharpasmarbles
If anyone is interested new season of Doctor Who has the following list of awesome to be witnessed: Old West with bio tech, Egyptians, Daleks, but not crap like with Russel T. Davies, Weeping Angels, new companion and more awesome Moffat stories!
When does the new season air?
new companion?
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

The season starts up Fall 2012, sorry no exact date, and yes unfortunately the Last Centurion and the Girl Who Waited will no longer be with the best Doctor of modern times following the fifth episode. Which I know is sad but it is the ultimate fate of anyone who travels with the Doctor what's going to make this parting so difficult however is because unlike Davies who mind wiped, retired, and or dimension skipped companions like a kid eating jellybeans these two have stuck around! Like every other Doctor beforehand they've grown on us and I will probably go through a day of silence knowing their won't be anymore ginger sass from Amy and witty retorts from Rory. The upside being that the new companion was able to impress Moffat with how she could out talk the Matt Smith. For any fan of the series this should be amazing and hilarious since the Doctor is greatest orator/rambler in fiction and I can't wait to see how he interacts with someone who can beat him at it.