Curse of Doom question.
As I'll be 60 this weekend, I'll be tempted to play around with the Curse of Doom spell. I'm curious to know if you have to kill a mob with it that gives you exp in order for the doomguard to have a chance to spawn, or if it'd be worth my time to go to, say, an Alliance lowbie area and just curse as many level 1-3 mobs as I can find and watch the fun.

Also, would any Purge locks be up for an infernal party sometime? I thought it'd be fun to go to an Alliance town and summon infernals, then let them all go and watch the populace deal with a bunch of big green monsters.
I use COD very rarely...It takes 60 seconds before anything happens, which most mobs are dead and gone by then, and the one time it "spawned" the doomguard, I got myself killed...lol
LOL yes ive used this spell quite a bit and tested it out in goldshire on some alliane newbies lol... important things to remmber are shards and fears

cast the COD on a lvl 10 or really low lvl mob and fear it around for 60 seconds, then let it die then you have a shance of seeing a dom guard come to life, this is really important part, u need to put curse of shadow on him then enslave him the COS helps keep him longer

once u got him release hell on someone then just as u think hes about to break, send him on a allaince perosn then run like hell.
I'm really disappointed with the doomguard. I was running some mates through SM tonight, and after finally deciding to go get some soul shards, we tried to get the doomguard to spawn. He spawned three times before I had shards (was just using CoD to do damage to mobs the pet wasn't tanking), so figured it'd be easy enough to go get shards and enslave him.

He's kind of a weak pet when he's enslaved. He doesn't hit much harder than the infernal, he runs out of mana really fast, and he's definitely not reliable enough to use as a pet for more than a couple of minutes.

We did the armory and I thought we'd be able to clear it out pretty quick once the doomguard showed up, but he was barely better than a succubus, imho.

/sigh

Oh well. Maybe some day Blizzard will reconsider the high level pet options for warlocks. :?