SSD question
I understand the concept and the why of wanting to have a SSD. My question is outside of the OS what would I want to have on it. Top game I'm play ATM?
Gunldesnapper Krewe GW2
AT1 (AW) Fritsch <retired> USN
The half man!
I have a 128 GB drive and i have EVERYTHING on it. You can load ALL of your programs on it, but if you are a digital packrack and have 100's of GB of stuff, just redirect their data folders to look at 2ndary mechanical HD. ALl your priority programs should be on SSD drive, because it seeks/loads so much faster.

ie...iTunes > preferences > advanced > iTunes media folder location
[should not have shot the dolphin]
Right on, the more I look at the tech the more i see how out of touch I am.
Gunldesnapper Krewe GW2
AT1 (AW) Fritsch <retired> USN
The half man!
yeah exactly what Diggles said. OS and as many games as you can that will fit on it. Leave everything else on secondary traditional drive.
You can put your Steam folder on it too -- you just may have to actually "delete local content" for games you aren't playing anymore. You can always re-download them later if you decide to play again. I'm at 95 GB used with DayZ (ARMA 1 + 2) GW2, APB, Warband and Windows installed, along with all my "program files".

Music, video, FRAPS, documents and downloads I moved to another drive.

If I install something new and large that isn't a game I'll probably put it on a different drive, too.
How is APB now? playable?
I don't really have a feel for it yet. It's totally 100% free now if you want to try it, though. The big question is how they're handling cheaters and I dunno. I hear they ban them but I also see a number of low ranking people with mighty suspicious aim -- possibly the banned cheaters just coming back because hey, free to play.