Gaming laptop
It may be blasphemy in a gaming forum, but I'm going to nominate the new retina MacBook Pro, which looks like it could be a gaming beast. 2.3 or 2.7GHz quad-core i7, 8-16GB RAM, 256-768GB SDD, Kepler-powered graphics, and 2880-by-1800 resolution. There's even a special edition of Diablo 3 coming out to use the full resolution:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2...seriously/

I just ordered one (my first Apple computer), so I guess I truly am an Apple fanboy now...
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
Quote:a next-gen Macbook pro will set you back $2,199 at the low end
Nuff said Wink

My main issue with gaming laptops, is unless you REALLY need a laptop, you're just throwing $ out the window for no reason. I get if you actually have a need for a laptop for gaming and you travel and all that... but from my experience, most people that get gaming laptops, could have done just fine with a gaming desktop, and used the extra $ to buy a fridge and stock up on Dr. Pepper, and a less beefy laptop for doing all the shit they actually need a laptop for.

But either way... looks pretty nice... for an APPLE
I don't own kid gloves.

Steam Friend Code : 1636490
It is a lot, but if you look at PC gaming laptops, they tend to be not much lower priced for worse specs (e.g. this alienware for $2400).

I agree is desktop is better for pure gaming. I don't really have time to game anymore, so this will be the primary family computer first and foremost. I just bumped up the specs of what we needed a little bit so I CAN play games on it if I ever get time...
And they decide to make said game for a shitty OS...

Or will windows 7 have the proper drivers to run something useful on it?
I knew you would chime in. Smile The new OS features (OS X and iOS) they talked about are actually pretty awesome. Way way ahead of Windows Metro and Android (even if some of the features like Maps are catch up).

Windows should run fine on this (I'll try it when it arrives). The GPU is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M, which has Windows drivers for up to 3840 x 2160. I don't know if any games will support that, though...
The issue with OS when you are in a thread called "Gaming Laptop" is that OSX is useless as a gaming platform unless you want to severly limit your choices. Other than that OSX is fine (but then again so is 7 these days, the argument that Windows 'sucks' is outdated), although it drives me batshit crazy to use it since I am a creature of habit.

Laptops sometimes have proprietary drivers so wasnt sure if a dual boot would work, as long as it does that hardware would be pretty nice for a gaming rig. As i've said before, if your willing to shell out the price for an overpowered laptop Apple makes nice ones.
Grieve Wrote:I knew you would chime in. Smile The new OS features (OS X and iOS) they talked about are actually pretty awesome. Way way ahead of Windows Metro and Android (even if some of the features like Maps are catch up).

Windows should run fine on this (I'll try it when it arrives). The GPU is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M, which has Windows drivers for up to 3840 x 2160. I don't know if any games will support that, though...

nVidia rates that video chip as just over 10,000 on the "3DMark Vantage" scale.

By comparison, my 2-generations old GTX 480 is just under 25,000. You really give up a lot of gaming performance by using a laptop because laptop video isn't remotely on the same level with desktop. A super-high resolution won't mean much when you're running 3 frames per second or, more likely, toning down your resolution and feature set to get it running with a bearable FPS.