@Jake - why are smoothie kings smoothies so delicious?
I thought you mentioned you worked there when u were younger.. what's the secret?
I don't own kid gloves.

Steam Friend Code : 1636490
Rum!

Really though what gives them the good sweet flavor is turbinado - the sugar with molasses added which is in a lot of them.
meh, but I don't want sugar!!

Turbinado aye... wonder if I can find that at HEB.

They have a "new" Gladiator smoothie which is freaking awesome... but $7 for a small is stupid. I want to make it at home.
I don't own kid gloves.

You could probably just use generic brown sugar.. Everything else in most smoothies was just fruit and/or fruit juice.. There were a couple with ice cream and protein powder for people who were work out freaks, and I guess some of the other ones had a few of the snake oil health products that we peddled.
Cool so nothing out of the ordinary.. I looked up turbinado and it appears HEB might sell it. I'll probably go pick some up. I'm kind of on a smoothie kick right now... will go do some experimenting this weekend Smile Thanks!
I don't own kid gloves.

Not sure of the measurements, but a morning smoothie I used to drink was...

Ricotta cheese, ice, flax seed, ground coffee, sliced almonds. It called up for flavoured whey powder(expensive shit). I forget what I substituted for that. There may have been something else but it eludes me.
Kakarat Keys ~ Thief ~ Guild Wars 2
Kakarat ~ Shaman ~ WoW ~
Kakarat ~ Witch Hunter ~ WAR:AoR
Riona ~ Knight of the Blazing Sun ~ WAR:AoR
Kakarat ~ Swashbuckler ~ EQ2 ~ Venekor
Eef Eigten[F-18]~ 60 Aracoix Rogue ~ Shadowbane
Kakarat ~ 60 Ogre Warrior ~ EQ ~ VZ
That sounds nasty kakarat!

I'm drinking a pretty good smoothie right now..

3 cups of spinach
2 tblspoons of all natural peanut butter(some substitute almond butter)
2/3 cup of almond milk
1/2 banana
2 handfuls of ice
1 serving of vanilla protein powder(usually 1-2 scoops).

Blend. Delicious... and I don't like Spinach.
I don't own kid gloves.

I suppose if you are not a coffee drinker... or don't like Ricotta cheese. I actually found them quite good. When I get home tonight, Ill check out the recipe.
Kakarat ~ Shaman ~ WoW ~
Kakarat Wrote:I suppose if you are not a coffee drinker... or don't like Ricotta cheese. I actually found them quite good. When I get home tonight, Ill check out the recipe.
Guilty on both heh... I like Ricotta cooked in some things(I think it's in Lasagna), but not by it's self.
I don't own kid gloves.

Strife Wrote:I'm drinking a pretty good smoothie right now..

3 cups of spinach
Hell must have officially frozen over.
Do you use canned or raw spinnach for your smoothies Strife?
Lendryn Wrote:
Strife Wrote:I'm drinking a pretty good smoothie right now..
3 cups of spinach
Hell must have officially frozen over.
No kidding...

Arnon Wrote:Do you use canned or raw spinnach for your smoothies Strife?
Raw organic baby spinach.
I don't own kid gloves.

Thats a little to close to Arugala, trying to emulate the president? Why don't you eat iceburg lettuce like a good American?
Jakensama Wrote:Thats a little to close to Arugala, trying to emulate the president? Why don't you eat iceburg lettuce like a good American?
Because spinach is better for you.
I don't own kid gloves.

3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
2 tbsp reduced-fat yogurt
1 tbsp slivered almonds
2 tsp whey-protein (flavor of choice)
2 tsp ground flaxseed
1/2 tsp fine ground coffee beans
6 ice cubes.
Kakarat ~ Shaman ~ WoW ~
Any smoothie without kale is a lame smoothie.
Adimenti Wrote:Any smoothie without kale is a lame smoothie.

That the crap cows eat right?
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
Weird fucking hippies and their vegetable smoothies, the only time you should drink vegetables is if there is a copious amount of vodka mixed in with them and you are hung over.
Jakensama Wrote:Weird fucking hippies and their vegetable smoothies, the only time you should drink vegetables is if there is a copious amount of vodka mixed in with them and you are hung over.
If you don't like vegetables normally(Like me, I'm picky as fuck), it makes sense to blend them into something that you can handle to get the nutrients from it.

And why, if you're hung over... would you drink vodka? I'm not a drunk, so this is a serious question.
I don't own kid gloves.

Strife Wrote:If you don't like vegetables normally(Like me, I'm picky as fuck), it makes sense to blend them into something that you can handle to get the nutrients from it.

You're not 12, eat your damn spinach.

Quote:And why, if you're hung over... would you drink vodka? I'm not a drunk, so this is a serious question.

Bloody Marys are widely considered a hangover/brunch drink, its why Sunday morning Texans games have a giant Bloody Mary bar in the club level.
Jakensama Wrote:
Strife Wrote:If you don't like vegetables normally(Like me, I'm picky as fuck), it makes sense to blend them into something that you can handle to get the nutrients from it.
I do... in my smoothie...

Quote:
Quote:And why, if you're hung over... would you drink vodka? I'm not a drunk, so this is a serious question.
Bloody Marys are widely considered a hangover/brunch drink, its why Sunday morning Texans games have a giant Bloody Mary bar in the club level.
Ahh..
I don't own kid gloves.

Strife Wrote:
Jakensama Wrote:
I do... in my smoothie...

Quote:
Ahh..

Its called V8!
Kakarat ~ Shaman ~ WoW ~
You guys disgust me...
Zirak / Thanoslug in lots of MMOs
[Image: homicidal.jpg]
"Consensus: The process of abandoning all beliefs, principles, values, and policies in search of something in which no one believes, but to which no one objects; the process of avoiding the very issues that have to be solved, merely because you cannot get agreement on the way ahead." -Margaret Thatcher