Logitech g700 mouse Amazon deal of the day.
This is my favorite mouse, it has 13 programmable buttons, and it just feels ergonomically better than the Naga in my opinion. You can use it wireless, but it also has a plugin to make it wired.

Decent price:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27">http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27</a><!-- m -->
Skelas

Burnt to a crisp.
I have a G9, and while the G700 looks like a nice mouse, it's not $100 nicer than what I've already got, so I'd never consider it at the regular price.

but at this sale price, it may be worth a look.

-ken
New World: Snowreap
Life is Feudal: Snowreap Iggles, Taralin Iggles, Preyz Iggles
Naval Action: Taralin Snow, Snowy Iggles
EQ2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Taralin, Disruption, Preyz, Taralynne, Snowy, Snowz
ESO: Snowreap, Yellowtail
PS2: Snowreap
GW2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Taralynne
RIFT: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Snowy
PotBS (British): Taralin Snow, Taralynne Snow, Snowy Iggles, Edward Snow
PotBS (Pirate): Taralin Snowden, Taralynne Snowden, Redshirt Snowden
WW2O: Snowreap
WAR: Snowreap, Preyz, Lbz, Leadz, Snowz, Taralin, Snowmeltz, Yellowtail, Snowbankz
APB: Snowreap, Sentenza
STO: Snowreap@Snowreap, Snowz@Snowreap
AoC: Yellowtail, Snowreap, Snowstorm, Redshirt
WoW (Horde): Snowreap, Savagery, Baelzenun, Wickedwendy, Taralin, Disruption, Scrouge, Bette
WoW (Alliance): Yellowtail, Wickedwendy, Snowreap
AC1: Snowstorm, Yellowtail, Shirt Ninja, Redshirt
pondering further: I wonder if it's on sale because Amazon is trying to move stock in anticipation of a new mouse from Logitech? Logitech, as a rule, does not pre-announce products -- customers won't know about them until they day they go on sale. but resellers have to know in advance in order to place their orders, presumably under an NDA.

one of the big complaints about the G700 is that it's not supported by the Logitech Gaming Software that runs the G13. maybe Logitech is coming out with a new high-end mouse that has LGS-compatibility like the G600.

if you're not a G13 user, this would be a great bargain. but if you *are* a G13 user, you might be really upset if you buy a G700 then find out a month later that Logitech's new mouse can be fully integrated into G13 scripts, while your G700 can't (and never will).

-ken
WAR: Snowreap, Preyz, Lbz, Leadz, Snowz, Taralin, Snowmeltz, Yellowtail, Snowbankz
WoW (Horde): Snowreap, Savagery, Baelzenun, Wickedwendy, Taralin, Disruption, Scrouge, Bette
there's a rumor going around that Logitech Gaming Software (LGS) 8.40 is going to have support for the G100, G500, G700, G9, G9x, and MX518 gaming mice. this is based on a message that appears if you install the new SetPoint 6.50 -- it tells you that SetPoint no longer supports those mice and that you'll need to download LGS 8.40 instead.

no word yet on a release date for LGS 8.40, though.

if these mice work in LGS the same way the G600 does, it means we'll be able to use Lua scripting to change the behavior of G13 G-keys based on mouse buttons (i.e. we'll be able to use mouse buttons as shift keys for G13 buttons) and vice-versa.

-ken
LGS 8.40 was released yesterday afternoon. it seems to work fine with my G9 and my G700 (and my G13 and G510, naturally). I've done some experimenting and it looks like all the mouse buttons are scriptable in Lua except for the two primary mouse buttons (left and right).

-ken
hallelujah!

I really like my G500 mouse, but I utterly hated setpoint.
LGS 8.40 turned out to be pretty buggy (although it never gave me any problems that didn't have easy workarounds).

LGS 8.45 came out today, and I expect it to be much more reliable. Unfortunately, the download link on Logitech's site for the 64-bit version doesn't work due to a typo. here are direct links (for both versions) that work:

LGS 8.45 64-bit
LGS 8.45 32-bit

-ken
I'll have to try out the new version. The previous version kept losing my profile settings for my mouse - I would have to deselect then reselect the profile to get it working again. Very annoying when it happens in the middle of combat.
Zirak / Thanoslug in lots of MMOs
[Image: homicidal.jpg]
"Consensus: The process of abandoning all beliefs, principles, values, and policies in search of something in which no one believes, but to which no one objects; the process of avoiding the very issues that have to be solved, merely because you cannot get agreement on the way ahead." -Margaret Thatcher
using the 'Lock profile while game is running' option helps a lot with that problem.

-ken
Doesn't do any good for me.
"Consensus: The process of abandoning all beliefs, principles, values, and policies in search of something in which no one believes, but to which no one objects; the process of avoiding the very issues that have to be solved, merely because you cannot get agreement on the way ahead." -Margaret Thatcher
Just an FYI, I've got one of the mice, and the battery charge life, compared to my previous Logitech wireless gaming mice, is horrible. I'm having to plug it in to recharge every couple of days. Also, I've hit upon an issue a few times where the mouse left and right buttons just stop working. I've never been able to identify why, a couple times I've gotten them to work again by pressing some combination of other mouse buttons, otherwise I've had to reboot.

Overall it's a great mouse, button layout is wonderful, number of available buttons is great, etc. But, I kind of prefer the simplicity and longer battery life of my previous Logitech gaming mouse.
~ The Duskwood Gankster ~
WoW & Beyond: Grizzle / Grizol
EQ/SB: Rafkin / Kriticos / Dudain
Yeah - I plug mine in to charge every night when I go to bed.
because my own G700 was an "upgrade" from the G9 (a corded mouse), I've been using the G700 as a corded mouse as well. with the charging cable connected all the time, battery life has been a complete non-issue for me.

the Logitech G602 is supposed to have dramatically improved battery life compared to the G700. so much improved, in fact, that their intention is for you to run it on disposable alkaline batteries -- it doesn't have any kind of charging stand or charging cord at all. I've been considering giving it a try, because it looks like it might be more comfortable to hold (the G700 makes my thumb sore) but I've been unsure whether I'm willing to give up the tilt wheel feature that the G9 and G700 have, but which the G602 does not.

while I like having that feature, in practice it turns out that I almost never actually use it, so I've finally decided to give the G602 a try and find out how it feels. I saw a couple of on-line reviews for it that said it doesn't support macros, but I think the reviewers were just clueless. it looks to me like the G602 not only has support for macros, but it also has Lua scripting support so I'll be able to use the same script that runs my G13 and G510 G-keys to also run my mouse buttons as well (just like on the G9 and G700).

I'm not sure when it will arrive (someone else is placing the order for me) but I'll try to remember to post again with my experiences with it.

-ken
I eventually discovered that the profile issues I was having with my G700 mouse was related to the wireless. When using the mouse as a wireless mouse the profile would randomly reset itself to default. If I plug the mouse direct to the computer and ignore the wireless altogether all the profile problems go away. Last time I tried it as a wireless mouse was about a year ago - I suppose they might have finally fixed that issue but I don't know if I care enough about having a wireless mouse to test it and see.