Stocks in 2012
Kind of interesting scrolling through the 12 month charts of all the stocks I watch. There's a few that went straight up (or down) all year, but for most, they either went straight up until September and then tanked, or straight down until September and then shot up. Kind of reminds me of early this year when the "dogs" of 2011 suddenly shot up (for example Netflix went to 133 or so). Then things got back to normal - Netflix crashed all the way back to 52, and the leaders resumed their rise. I wonder if it's the same phenomenon, just starting earlier?

So the question is, go with what's hot right now, or bet on the winners from earlier this year that are now turning down?

Winners all year
DIS - The mouse rocked all year...I got in recently after the Star Wars deal
HOV - Up with housing recovery from $1.27 all the way to $5.80. I just sold...too soon I think
BAC - Up from $4.92 to $10.58 - I got out of this WAY too soon Sad

Winners til Fall
AAPL - Started the year at $380, up to $705 in Sept, down to $509 now
AMZN - Up from $166 to $264 in Sept, then fell back down to $220ish. Back up nicely in the last month, tho
CRUS - Apple supplier, so kind of following them. From $14 to $45 in Sept, back down to $25
GOOG - Up from $556 to $774 in Sept, then plummeted to $647. Recovered somewhat since then to $701.
T - AT&T went from $28.65 to $38.58 in...September. Back down to $34 since then

Winners after Fall
NFLX - Dropped from $133 in Jan to $52 in Sept. Since then, shot up to $93.
FB - You know the story - IPO at $38, down to $17 in Sept, then roaring back to $28 (til Friday)
FXI - China ETF - sucked til Sept, up from $31 to $39 since then
GMCR - Down from $71 to $17, then roared back to $40 since the fall
NOK - Fell from $5.87 to $1.63, but back up to $3.82 recently
RIMM - Down from $17.96 to $6.22, but up $14.22 since fall
YHOO - Poster child of recovery - slummed it around $14 all year, has shot up to $19.64 since (I got out of this last week - too soon)

Sucked all year
Dell - Down from $18 to $8.69
MSFT - Peaked at $32.95 early in the year, slow slide to $26.81 since then
INTC - Intel fell from $29.27 to $19.23, and shows no signs of stopping
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
Good list. I got out of BAC to early as well. Was happy with the profit when I sold at 9 and change, but...
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]