my finger is hovering over the TZA button
Since May 31st 2012 the Russell 2k is up 25%.
Dow is hitting records hovering at 12.8k.
Since its 2008 high of 1400 the S&P is flirting with 1600
Since its 2008 high of 2500 the Nasdaq composite is flirting with 3300.
TNA is up 70% since November.

Mean while, the market is ignoring every bit of bad news....

- Housing start data which is one of the main strengths of the markets is showing weakness.
- Unemployment numbers for March were terrible.
- We are about to hit earnings season, which might be ok. The hope is tech and financials will lead. I don't know....
- We have some sort of Bond bubble bust in the making (my opinion).
- Recent years, the Summer has been flat to down. All the money seems to be made at 1Q and 4Q. I think we might be entering the stagnant period.
- All we need is one more set of bad number, one more government debacle, Some dumb North Korean action, Some bad China numbers, etc etc....

I have been waiting for 15k dow to buy TZA. but Im hovering........ There is a correction coming.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
I'm openly weeping over my commodity stocks this morning :cry:
Well if you did buy it's up 9% today. Man, what a bloodbath.
Holy Christ, my ZSL "2x anti-silver" is up 17.7% right now. I've been underwater on that for so long, I might actually get my money back out of it soon. I thought silver was going to dive a long time ago but it clung on forever.
I really wanted to buy on Friday, and then got distracted by work and the markets closed. I hate when Im right and dont profit from it.....

I was going to wait, but just bought TZA based on todays news and the Boston issues..
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

fyi I also covered by tza with a may $40 put. so if the market goes through the roofmy maximum loss is about 10% (stock and cost of options).
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

youch. I track all of my investments in a google finance portfolio. I'm quite sure today was the largest single day loss my account has ever seen.
I am fairly conservative investor and generally view the stock market as glorified vegas roulette, and I am a bit upset today as well...
Not too worried, the market needs a correction. I still expect new highs later in the year...unless China really goes to pot.

I feel badly for anyone in gold or gold miners, though...
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
Is today TZA day?
Well.. It wasn't at 44 :-)
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi