Hackers take over a Prius
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqe6S6m73Zw[/youtube]

Granted they didn't exactly hack it remotely or anything like that... but still.
I don't own kid gloves.

Steam Friend Code : 1636490
We have shit loads of technology to improve security in the transportation industry but no matter how much we spend a guy with a crowbar or saw can pretty much defeat it all.

Ironically the more reliant on technology we become the less effective we have become in fighting highjackings and theft. We have never really been able to recreate the success of stagecoaches with a shotgun rider along for the ride.
This hacker named Barnaby Jack(who I only read about because he died recently), was able to hack people's insulin pumps remotely and said he could gain the ability to disperse a full insulin bag into someone with a pump remotely(I think he said within 100 meters).

IMO that's more impressive than getting into a car, ripping off the dash and hacking into a car with prep time. Scarier as well...
I don't own kid gloves.

Steam Friend Code : 1636490
I'm always amused by the "Battlestar Galactica" theme in movies...

In BSG, the reason the Galactica survived the Cylon attack is because it was an old model that used old, non-networked systems and analog communications and so forth. The Cylon's high-tech, virus based attack wiped out all the new model Battlestars and new model fighters but had no effect on the old model Galactica or its older model fighters.

Pacific Rim did almost exactly this too. The invaders come up with a way to shut down the giant robots....but it doesn't work on the older model robot.

It's not quite Luddite but it does play on people's general fears of "new fangled technology".

...and it's not entirely unjustified. You (and therefore, nefarious 3rd parties) can do so much more with high tech systems. We're a lot better at inventing things than we are at securing them (or making them reliable).
Should really be the "Dune" theme, since Herbert did forced low tech back in the day. Makes sense though, also a reason why I ain't ever getting a networked insulin pump.