you know the market is screwed when....
The fed comes out and says the economy does not look good and growth is down, they will not taper QE3. the market reacts to the bad economic news with a large bump because they fed will keep holding everything up, keep interest rates for banks free, and up QE3.

This house cards can not stand forever.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
Did you sell your TZA yet?

Right now it's one of those markets where I'm kind of reluctant to go long or short. Have to see how things play out until the end of the year.

I am sick I sold my SLW (Silver Wheaton) yesterday - it's up almost 10% today, because the fed didn't taper...
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
Grieve Wrote:Did you sell your TZA yet?

Right now it's one of those markets where I'm kind of reluctant to go long or short. Have to see how things play out until the end of the year.

I am sick I sold my SLW (Silver Wheaton) yesterday - it's up almost 10% today, because the fed didn't taper...

Unfortunately I did not sell my TZA Sad Got greedy, and risky.... Broke my rule.

I think we have a pretty serious wack still coming, but I should have sold when the dow was 148, and bought more TZA today Smile
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
And 76% of Americans don't even know what QE is.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://ca.news.yahoo.com/poll-end-feds-qe-sight-083330651.html">http://ca.news.yahoo.com/poll-end-feds- ... 30651.html</a><!-- m -->

I mean, that is crazy but I guess expected. With the simple knowledge of QE (and three of them no less) I knew it was the perfect time to buy a house (hello 3.375% 30 year mortgage) and to stay heavily invested in stocks. I upped my 401k contributions as well. I mean, I understand that most Americans don't even have money to invest, but if they had they would be very happy with their returns right now. The period of returns from 2009-today may never come around again in our lifetimes. The crash was one of the best things to happen to the college educated (I say that since the job losses didn't hit them as heavily) middle aged group as we had a nice period of buying very low and watching those purchases increase heavily over the years. Anyone with a decent enough job that was contributing to their 401k from the ages of 21-50 should have done really well. Heck, even my 8 year old son did well as the account I set up for him for college has doubled in 8 years, heh.
I didn't start 401k contributions until I was 32. :roll: And then just 5 years later it lost 42% of it's value in 2008, leaving me with a total slightly less than I'd contributed (much less if you factor in employee match). Since then returns have rocked, though. This year looks like being another good one...unless congress screws it up by shutting the government down or making the US default on it's debt...
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
Grieve Wrote:I didn't start 401k contributions until I was 32. :roll: And then just 5 years later it lost 42% of it's value in 2008, leaving me with a total slightly less than I'd contributed (much less if you factor in employee match). Since then returns have rocked, though. This year looks like being another good one...unless congress screws it up by shutting the government down or making the US default on it's debt...

I technically didn't start until I was 26 as my first two jobs I was only at for 2 years each so the contributions were so low that they just cleared out the account when I left. But the amount it has grown since I started has been staggering to me.But if you think about what prices you were purchasing your funds at in 2009-2011, the returns on those now are going to be very nice.