Purge favorite stocks
S&P is up about 20% this year, so let’s see how some of the most discussed stocks here are doing (feel free to add more):

Negative
GLD is down 21% YTD
AAPL is down 9% YTD (but about to burst to new highs!)

Par
AMZN, GOOG, BAC, and C all up around 22-25% (not including any dividends), so around the S&P level

Star Performers
FB is up 80% YTD and heading for $50
TNA up 95% YTD
NFLX is up 226% YTD
TSLA is up 435% YTD (and up 40% since I recommended it)

I’ve been in and out of every one of these (unfortunately more so in AAPL than anything else).

Moral of the story is that it would have been better to just go long all of them at the start of the year and then do nothing. With a balanced portfolio in each stock, you’d be up 90% right now…
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
My HIMX was 2.79 on Jan 2nd, and 10.38 today =)
In that case I think we have a winner. Smile Nice trade!

Another we've discussed is Pandora, which is up 176% YTD. However, I thinking of shorting (or buying puts) tomorrow. I used to use it almost every day, but haven't touched it since I updated all my device to iOS 7. iTunes Radio is much better, mostly because NO ADS (since I have the iTunes Match service already). I foresee a big drop in subscribers for P recorded at it's next earnings call.
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
Grieve Wrote:In that case I think we have a winner. Smile Nice trade!

Another we've discussed is Pandora, which is up 176% YTD. However, I thinking of shorting (or buying puts) tomorrow. I used to use it almost every day, but haven't touched it since I updated all my device to iOS 7. iTunes Radio is much better, mostly because NO ADS (since I have the iTunes Match service already). I foresee a big drop in subscribers for P recorded at it's next earnings call.

Good point on Pandora. Need to look at it. I haven't turned it on for some time either.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]