Low FPS In ESO
getting about 14 fps in big fights in cyrodil currently have a amd fx6100 cpu with a 990 fx extreme mobo 16b ram and NVidia gtx 670 was thinking about making a switch to a i5 4670k will this resolve my low fps issue?
400- Leatherworker / 400- Armorsmith / 400-Weaponsmith / 400- Cooking / 400- Artificier / 400- Huntsman / 400- Tailor
also I can change settings from all low to all high does not effect my fps still stays at 14ish
400- Leatherworker / 400- Armorsmith / 400-Weaponsmith / 400- Cooking / 400- Artificier / 400- Huntsman / 400- Tailor
Things I would try:

* Disable one video card. Try the game without SLI and see if that improves things. If it does, then maybe there's some investigation to be done regarding SLI.

* Run a CPU monitor. See if any cores are pegging 100% during slow times. I imagine there's a good GPU (video card) monitor out there for this too.

* If you see any cores pegging 100% you might run the task manager and see what's doing it. The game? An anti-virus program that keeps firing up? (If you are running more than 1 anti-virus program, uninstall all but one of them. Anti-virus programs do not stack well.)

* If you're not running 64-bit Windows, you need to be in order to use all that RAM.

Actually another thing you might look at is sound. If you're using an audio card, try switching it to your motherboard's on-board sound and look into what that is and make sure you have the updated drivers for it. Don't rely on Windows Update for the latest drivers because Microsoft basically keeps a set of "known good" drivers, not necessarily "newest". Same thing for the video cards -- get the nVidia software that keeps your driver up to date rather than relying on Windows Update.

Basically I think with that CPU and and a single nVidia 670 you shouldn't be having these issues. Maybe there's some general AMD problem that's behind it but I feel like it must be something else. SLI, audio drivers, something like that.
last night I updated the bios on my mobo disabled sli and installed all new drivers for my mobo did not notice a difference at all had this same issue in gw2 even switched over to my 560 se card and fps was the same also ive been monitoring my cpu cores and have not noticed any spikes in the cores
Just out of curiosity, what OS are you running? Is it 64x? I had 32x running, and it gave me similar problems.
Gameless (for now)
windows 7 64 bit
Hmmm:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/68062/low-fps-while-playing-with-a-gtx-760">http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/di ... -a-gtx-760</a><!-- m -->

Seems like a lot of people are having issues with nVidia x60 cards, but only certain brands? One post says his friend's EVGA brand 760 runs great while his Zotac brand 760 runs like crap.

He said he switched to the nVidia beta drivers and had some better performance:
  • I'm now fairly confident that its little more than a driver issue. I decided to go ahead and install the latest beta version of the Nvidia driver for the 700 series (337.50) and I seem to have gotten an average of around 10-15 fps gains in city, and about the same outside of cities.

Before this I was running the latest recommended driver on their site(335.23) which was released on March 10th. The beta driver was released seemingly within the past 24 hours.

When installing I did it in my usual manner of running DDU, mentioned here:
    antonyfrnb16_ESO wrote: »
    try using Display Driver Uninstaller to clean out your drivers and reinstall the latest's ones fresh.

DDU Download
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379506">http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379506</a><!-- m -->

And then installing the drivers. Should you choose to run this program, keep in mind that it is recommended you do it in Safe Mode and that you create a system restore point before hand.

After installing the newest beta drivers though, my fps has gone up noticeably. I would expect greater improvements as time goes on if it is just a driver issue.

I will try to get the driver version that my friend is currently using as well, and try that out to see if I see any difference, however he is currently taking care of an emergency and may be gone for over a day.

If anyone else having this issue is willing to try out the beta driver and see if it helps them as well it would be appreciated as it would help narrow down the possibility of other issues. To find the latest beta driver for Nvidia, the follow the link below and ensure the 'recommended/beta' drop-down box is set to 'Beta'

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx">http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx</a><!-- m -->

**EDIT** I should also mention that the game is now utilizing my GPU considerably more then it was previously, and very close to reaching its peak core speed.

I'm using an eVGA brand nVidia 780. The last patch messed something up but I only see it in one specific area (walking into the church in that Cyrodiil hub). Other than that I run the game on ultra and it's usually 40+ FPS even in huge fights.

Might be something with the 600 series or the x60's in general that's having a particular problem.

Anyway, try the nVidia beta drivers and see if that helps.
easiest way to find out if it is CPU or GPU bound.....goto and area with low FPS...Lower your resolution down significantly. If your FPS improves its GPU performance that needs tweaking. If you dont get significant FPS improvement, its CPU issue
[should not have shot the dolphin]