Russia, buy when there is blood on the streets....
As you guys know, I like to look for big positive and negative moves, and bet against them in the hope they are peaking.

This is a good opinion piece on Russia from an investment perspective.not looking for this to be a political conversation. Might be a good point to invest in a Russia bottomvia a ETF.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.marketwatch.com/story/will-russia-go-from-wounded-bear-to-bucking-bull-2014-12-03">http://www.marketwatch.com/story/will-r ... 2014-12-03</a><!-- m -->
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
Yeah, it's tough to time. I was thinking of getting into RSX or even RUSL a couple of months ago, thinking things had got about as bad as they would for the Russian market. But since then they've kept on falling. With oil prices still plummeting, don't want to catch a falling knife...
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
Eh, have to be a gambler sometimes. I just bought into RUSL for $3.967.

Figure it may go down more, but hoping for a rebound next year. It's actually already up 150% since last Tuesday.
Did you cover with options at All? I've been itching on thuhis as well, but don't have any confidence in thhe whole Ukraine thingy.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

No, but I should have. Smile Man, RUSL has been crazy, down 25% one day, up 15% the next, down 20% the next...

Needless to say, I'm down big (29% as of right now), but I'm still holding our for the rebound...
I'm waiting.Putin is crazy enough to make this worse.based on his recent bat sit crazy speeches... Russia could easily dip into a full fledged
Depression. Oil prices on top of sanction to a shingle threaded economy
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

I sold half my RUSL today. Up 14% from where I bought, but man it's been a wild ride... Until the last week or so, I was down the entire time, and down big. Up 15% one day, down 25% the next, up 18% the next, down another 10%...yeesh.

Holding onto the rest to see what Putin/oil does next. Have some calls as well.
I was kicking myself when the cease fire was annouced and it popped. I never went into it. I still may. In DEcember it was 60, and in 2012 it was like 400.

Putin is a unpredictiable nut job though.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi