windows 10
Anyone upgrade gaming rig to windows 10 yet?
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
Vanraw Wrote:Anyone upgrade gaming rig to windows 10 yet?
Yes, everything worked flawlessly other than my android emulator which I had to upgrade for it to work. Everything else was flawless.
I don't own kid gloves.

Steam Friend Code : 1636490
I upgraded 2 machines but had to revert my rig due to the below.

1) My network adapter stopped working. I did buy a new adapter that now works but I couldn't get the old one to work for whatever reason. In researching it, it sounds like there is some conflict in the upgrade with VPN so that may not be an issue now if/when I try to upgrade the one machine again.

2) My audio drivers kept cutting out, in particular input device. It would just stop working where I would have to uninstall then reinstall a few times before it would take. And then it would just cut out again. I haven't found anything to suggest a true root cause (but I haven't really looked much either)

3) I couldn't get my card reader to work. I see there are new drivers out there but not ones that have been "approved" by Microsoft and never got around to trying them before I reverted due to the audio driver issue (deal breaker for obvious reasons)

3) I couldn't get my DVD/CD-ROM drive to work. Again I'm assuming it was a driver issue but I never got far enough along to debug it.

My machine is much older than the other machine so old drivers isn't so surprising.

The other machine is running Windows 10 fine but its my son's machine and he doesn't do as much on it as I do. The stuff he does he has no issues with (except weird network issues where the WiFi connection would just drop. I think this had more to do with side by side USB adapters conflicting than anything else -- his machine is next to mine and I had bought 2 new adaptors due to the driver issue above. I reverted the network adapter on my machine to the original one since I was no longer running Windows 10 and the issue stopped)

Too many games to fit in signature....