Man in the High Castle
Pretty awesome show. The pilot relied a LOT on CG special effects. The other 9 episodes use mainly props and practical effects with some models and very limited CG.

It is based off of the Philip K Dick book of the same name. The year is 1962 and it is set in the Occupied American territory. The allies lost WW2. Apparently according to the book FDR gets assassinated in 1933 and the Great Depression continues to cripple America. America's economy didn't get the New Deal and so America did not provide arms and vehicles to the British Empire and the Soviet Union. So when Hitler declares war America stays out of it. Europe falls to Italy and the German Reich. Japan sneak attacks America and destroys the full Pacific Fleet at Pearl Harbor. Since the US was Isolationist they didn't build up the military and are crushed by a 2 pronged attack from Japan and the German Reich. DC gets an H bombed dropped on it and America is annexed. Japan annexed the Pacific Coast. The German Reich gets the Eastern Area of the US. The Rocky Mountains serves as a buffer lawless area between the 2 territories.

In the show all you know is that the Axis won and split up America and the year is 1962. No clue how far the show will deviate from the book.

Granted I probably should read the damned book at some point. You have to be in a certain mood to read Philip K Dick, since that motherfucker was bat shit crazy and his writing style shows it.

Here is the opening song. It is modified song from "The Sound of Music".

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIDKPydxAFM[/youtube]

I figure at least Vlad and Dophuz would like this alt history show.
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
HE'S QUICK, HE'S STRONG, HE'S ACTIVE!
You can take Alabama Man to the bowling alley, where he drinks heavily and chews tobacco!
HE CAN BOWL, HE CAN DRINK, HE CAN DRINK SOME MORE, ALA-BA-MA-MAN!
When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
BEATS HIS WIFE AND SLEEPS IT OFF, A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
Also a second season of the show has already been confirmed.
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
You can take Alabama Man to the bowling alley, where he drinks heavily and chews tobacco!
When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
I love alt history. Turtledove is a favorite of mine. Anyways it was pretty good. I enjoyed it.
Gunldesnapper Krewe GW2
AT1 (AW) Fritsch <retired> USN
The half man!
I am not a Dick fan. At least with Turtledove he makes the alternate history believable. Dick just makes shit up and is obviously not a fan of real history. I have real problems with the story since it isn't really an alternate history rather than "completely never going to happen bull shit alternate history story". Neither Japan nor Germany could have ever invaded the US in the 1940's but ok, I will suspend all belief for the sake of fiction. At least for a little while.

Frank Spotnitz I am a big fan of and has done nothing but quality work so the show might still be good whether it is based on Dick's work or not.
Give it a shot. It is on Amazon Prime. It is more of a social/political commentary with some sci-fi elements than it is real alt history.

Get past the first episode (the pilot), so you can get to the practical effects and stages which help to make the show shine.
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"