Netflix: Stranger Things
It's Goonies meets Hellraiser. It's very short, only 8 episodes, but very well done.

I wasn't initially interested because their advertising just showed some kids on bikes but at someone else's recommendation I tried it out. Episode 1 is great and amazingly every other episode is just as good. Maybe the advantage of a short series is that they don't feel the need for a lot of bullshit filler.

The whole thing has a very 80s vibe to it. I'm pretty sure the target audience is "anyone who grew up in the 80s and liked 80s horror".

Kid-safety: if you would let your kid watch Poltergeist or The Shining, then it's fine. I'd put this show as pretty much in that area. Not a lot of gore but a lot of horror-suspense and weird shit. Not a comedy.
I agree, this is a terrific show - my favorite this year. The 80s stuff (music, references, D&D) is pitch perfect, but it would be a great show regardless. Watching it with my 13-year old - despite being terrified at times, she's hooked too.
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
Just finished watching it last night - was a fun show. I'm looking forward to another season of it.
Zirak / Thanoslug in lots of MMOs
[Image: homicidal.jpg]
"Consensus: The process of abandoning all beliefs, principles, values, and policies in search of something in which no one believes, but to which no one objects; the process of avoiding the very issues that have to be solved, merely because you cannot get agreement on the way ahead." -Margaret Thatcher
yep, I enjoy this as well. I am looking forward to more about the mysterious facility.

Winona Ryder is absolutely fantastic in it.
Hands down the best show of the year. Of course, they had me at the first scene with the D&D game. I WAS THOSE KIDS in 83.
Rizxen - Master of Clones
Riz Wrote:Hands down the best show of the year. Of course, they had me at the first scene with the D&D game. I WAS THOSE KIDS in 83.

Are you not still that kid?
ESO - Rallick of Purge (Sorceror) - The Purge (and various others)
RIFT - Rallock (Cleric) - Virus (Deepwood)
WAR - Rallick (ArchMage) - The Purge
WoW - Rallick/Mootendo - The Purge
EQ - Nintelten <Defiant>