Character Priority List Updated 3/2017
January Update: Rougue One is here and the power creep of new characters comes with it. Jyn Erso, Baze Malbus, Chirrut, and Shoretrooper are all must haves if you can get your hands on them.

With Rancor raid completely farmed, I would not bother even working on any characters that are useful for it. Just get your damage on the boards and get some rewards. Focus should be more on AAT Raid now. And each phase of AAT generally requires a certain team.

NOTE: Credit heist event requires 5 scoundrels, it's a huge amount of money and you should probably always be working in the background at building a scoundrel team. My recommendation for a team would be Lando, Boba Fett, STHan, IG88, Greedo.

I would say right now, the two most important characters are Lando and STHan. Mostly for credit heist, but Lando works EVERYWHERE, and STHan is an arena must have (for now) and needed for credit heist.

Cantina battles:
Lando is probably the most important toon to work on right out of the gate. He is used for Scoundrels Credit Heist, also has the rebel tag for their events, and is very usefull in GW and arena. Work on him right away node 1-E
Tie Fighter Pilot - insane single target damage, gains foresight (automatic dodge) a lot, and has a great AoE that makes enemies immune to buffs. A great arena option, and anywhere else in the game
Wedge crazy AoE and Biggs synergy
B2 Super Battle Droid. Great defensive unit, removes buffs, AoE, super fast.
Anakin crazy AoE
Aayla Secura is a must have in p1 of AAT Raid
Royal Guard - Good defense unit
Scarif Rebel Pathfinder - jury is still out but looks like a good rebel tank
Geo Soldier battle 1-A great DPSer with assist attack that can be used everywhere. Though lower on the list now he might still be a good farm for newer players.
Chief Chirpa is now considered a must have for P3 of AAT raid IF and only IF you have Palpatine.

Cantina Shipments:
Boba Fett - has been reworked and is a must have for a great AoE, auto rez, and instakill shot. Probably more useful than QGJ in the late game
Qui Gon Jin...must have, useful everywhere. Complete focus should be here because the rest of the choices aren't great.
Jawa Scavenger must have for AAT Raid, his thermal detonator mechanic dishes out a ton of damage
CT-5555 (5s) useful in rancor raid for slow mechanic
Ahsoka had a rework and is useful with Anakin synergy now
Poe - been showing up in high level arena teams lately, need him for Speed mod challenge
Hoth Rebel Scout - good DPS, good Rebel team synergy
Old Daka - good dark side healer

Galactic War:
Biggs is a must have. great synergy with Wedge, best assist attack in game, great single target damage
Phasma great utility in all aspects
Datcha great DPS for AAt raid
Teebo is a MUST have for Rancor Raid.
Lumi is useful for mid levels but becomes useless at high level (probably do her first for a bit until 4 stars)
IG-86 ultimate glass cannon, great DPS, very squishy

Arena:
STHan very useful in arena and GW and must have for credit heist. By far the best Arena shipment farm.
IG-88 great AoE attack, very squishy a must for weekly credit heist event.
Ackbar must have for ship combat, good for AAT raid to clear debuffs and heal
Mace must have for ship combat
Nebit needed for new raid, good for droid arena teams
HK-47 must have if you run a droid team
Leia good DPS, used to be insane but was nerfed recently
Greedo if you need another for credit heist

Guild Store: Guild Store has changed a lot and is maybe the most important for characters now. Rey is now no longer a must have, she's still good but I never use her really.
Darth Maul has be retuned and rocks, especially with his zeta
Sun Fac is a must have tank with counterattack and self heals, a major nuisance.
Rex is a great arena option, he can clear debuffs and puts tenacity on everyone.
Ima Gun Di is a must have for AAT p1
Commander Cody is a great option for clone synergy and AAT raid.
Ewok Elder (must have for raids)
Rey
Jawa Engineer great for AAT and arena droid team
Dengar tenacity down in raids, need a scoundrel for Credit Heist

Fleet Shipments
Vader - here's the place to finish out your Vader shards
Darth Maul
Sun Fac

Shipments
Baze Malbus - This is the only place currently to get Malbus shards other than Chromium packs. If you have the extra crystals it's probably worth slowly working on him. He's a beast.
Chirrut
Shoretrooper

I would also say at this point I would only spend guild store currency on characters and not on raid gear. Since we are doing T7 raids we will be getting them a lot quicker.

Here's a spreadsheet that someone from the subreddit put together, looks very helpful:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10vG3ISzz6hIvQpCj13WxhkvvpDqGCAX7zwj0i7EnEw8/edit#gid=0">https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0</a><!-- m -->
I'm still holding to my original prediction that over time Talia will become a god tier healer.
Quote:Run Rey, Ewok Elder, Royal Guard and Ewok Scout hard nodes every day if you can. Hard nodes are currently the ONLY way to get ewok scout so definitely do him.

I would have never thought to get ewok scout shards. I have been ignoring him. Good to know.

Also worth mentioning, for planning reasons, Ewok Scout, First Order Pilot and Clone Sergeant are the only ones that are only available through hard nodes.
If any of those are wanted, starting really early will be required.
Isn't Rey only available through hard nodes as well? The odd time I find her in guild crates, but other than that I only see her in hard nodes.
Fretty
Guild Wars 2: Fretty The Charming - Mesmer(currently inactive)
Rift: Nico - Cleric Extraordinaire // Fretty - Radical Rogue(currently inactive)
Eve: Fret V2 - EW Master of the Universe (currently inactive)
Your head, my lap. 'Nuff said.
Fretty Wrote:Isn't Rey only available through hard nodes as well? The odd time I find her in guild crates, but other than that I only see her in hard nodes.

Rey guild crates and hard nodes. But Ewok Scout isn't in anything else other than hard nodes, so Rey is quicker to get. I've been playing since launch and still don't have Ewok Scout maxed =) (tho I didnt start collecting him until later).
I know Boba Fett seems pretty useless, but I've been using him for lead coupled with Lando in the first half or more of GW nodes... his 30% bonus crit dmg with Lando's AoE attack can get gross...I've seen over 10k for AoE dmg. I can't wait to get Palp with Lando... hopefully that event will be back soon
"Because he's the hero the clan deserves, but not the one it needs right now; so we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a semi-aquatic mammal. A watchful protector. A Black Otter."

AKA "The Black Otter", "TBO"
Co-Leader, Trogdor Rises
Clash of Clans

AKA Blax Ot Tar
Memeber, Uncle Owen's BBQ Ribs
Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Otter Wrote:I know Boba Fett seems pretty useless, but I've been using him for lead coupled with Lando in the first half or more of GW nodes... his 30% bonus crit dmg with Lando's AoE attack can get gross...I've seen over 10k for AoE dmg. I can't wait to get Palp with Lando... hopefully that event will be back soon

Fett's 50% crit damage and 10% crit chance are certainly great for Lando. Comes down to whether Fett himself is worth the character slot on your team over just using Lando as the leader. Lando gives 29% crit damage, and also 15 speed, so he'd get turns faster. Fett's AE Ability Block is probably quite useful, but overall I think he's too slow and too low damage to be that great.
Someone on reddit posted this, which is probably true, and probably helpful. Since they've added so many new characters and all in chromium and cantina, I personally haven't been able to keep up with the "meta."

Generation 2 -
Biggs Darklighter
Wedge Antilles
Jedi Knight Anakin
Emperor Palpatine (sick of these 4 yet???)
Scarif Rebel Pathfinder (honestly not sure about this guy. He was released after the pretty clear design shift, but doesn't have 200 abilities like all the other new characters, so...)
Tie Fighter Pilot (probably going to hit like an elephant, but we'll see)
General Kenobi
Shoretrooper
Baze Malbus
Chirrut Imwe
B2 Super Battle Droid
Bistan
Sun Fac (kinda really Gen 1, but he's designed like he should be in 2)

Generation 1 toons that're probably still worth the investment (for now) -
Droids??? -Hk-47 -IG-88 -IG-86 -Jawa Engineer
I think droids will be a safe investment still. Especially if you have B2. At the very least, they're pretty decent in the Tank Raid.
Qui-Gon Jinn
Admiral Ackbar
Stormtrooper Han
Lando
Teebo
Dengar
Captain Phasma
Yoda
Darth Vader
Fives
Aayla Secura
Cody
Echo
Rex
I think Tie Fighter Pilot is going to be sweet for a Palpatine lead and for when Ships enter the game.

Too bad I'm stuck farming about 150 more Wedge shards for now.
--
SWGoH: Scott
Got dengar pretty close to maxed. And if you are willing to restart 20 times he can really trivialize the rancor. On the other hand he is slower then sarah palin and the rancor is already pretty damn trivial. As is i hardly ever use him.
Rav Wrote:Got dengar pretty close to maxed. And if you are willing to restart 20 times he can really trivialize the rancor. On the other hand he is slower then sarah palin and the rancor is already pretty damn trivial. As is i hardly ever use him.

I have all the shards for Dengar but I abandoned him because I just don't need to care about Rancor anymore, heh.
Someone on the subreddit posted a priority spreadsheet, not sure I agree with all of it, but it is definitely helpful just to see which characters are used in what part of the game:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10vG3ISzz6hIvQpCj13WxhkvvpDqGCAX7zwj0i7EnEw8/edit#gid=0">https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0</a><!-- m -->
No Rey at all?
I find that hard to believe. She is one of the hardest hitters in the game with a one time 100% dmg avoidance that refreshes often.
Fretty
Guild Wars 2: Fretty The Charming - Mesmer(currently inactive)
Rift: Nico - Cleric Extraordinaire // Fretty - Radical Rogue(currently inactive)
Eve: Fret V2 - EW Master of the Universe (currently inactive)
Your head, my lap. 'Nuff said.
Fretty Wrote:No Rey at all?
I find that hard to believe. She is one of the hardest hitters in the game with a one time 100% dmg avoidance that refreshes often.

I can say that I never use her anymore except as a C team in tournaments so he is probably right. Tie Fighter Pilot is a better option than her.