Order of Importance (Teams)
So, for the longest time I've been working on getting a raid viable team going. I currently have 3 7* characters with another 2 characters close to 7*. After having some discussion in guild chat about how I don't have enough training droids to allow newer important characters to catch up when I unlock them (ie: ST Han after I 7*'d Leia), I was told I should be focusing on getting a viable scoundrel team before anything else, as it will allow me to get the droids and money required to level up much easier. My issue now is that I barley have any droids to train my Lando and ST Han (only mid 50's when my cap is actually 66 currently). It's going slowly, but steadily, and I don't mind grinding away at it, but it 'could' have been much more efficient had I known the correct "order of importance".

So I am asking a veteran here if they wouldn't mind putting order of importance for which teams us newbies should be focusing on first. I don't need to know the characters in each team, as those are already mentioned in other threads, but the priority of which teams to do first would be helpful. The list of priority that I would like to see assumes that each area of the game is unlocked and playable.

My guess now would be:

1) Scoundrel team for heists
2) GW team for GW
3) Raid team for raids
4) PvP team for arena

Would this order be the most efficient order for us newbies to focus on?
Thanks in advance, vets!
Fretty
Guild Wars 2: Fretty The Charming - Mesmer(currently inactive)
Rift: Nico - Cleric Extraordinaire // Fretty - Radical Rogue(currently inactive)
Eve: Fret V2 - EW Master of the Universe (currently inactive)
Your head, my lap. 'Nuff said.
I am actually gated more on the Training Droids than I am the Credits. But fundamentally I'm in same boat as you.

I spent a lot of training droids and credits trying to get Teebo leveled up since that was the "most important" in order to manage the TM debuff in raids. The problem I am now seeing is that even at max level (77) his TM debuff still is resisted 100% of the time against the rancor.

Should I have spent those training droids/credits on other characters instead?

Should I have been spending cantina credits on progressing mods instead?

Too many games to fit in signature....
On a similar note with respect to being able to farm shards for RG after finishing QGJ and Lando in Cantina requires you can clear to 7C in Cantina battles which requires you have a team capable of beating a level 79 boss/elite characters which may not be realistic vs. spending those points farming mods for a while instead.

Too many games to fit in signature....
I think for the newer guys, that yes maybe you should consider abandoning rancor raid viable teams for options that will help you better long term, particularly credit heists.

Couple of factors:

1.) we have it on lockdown so any additional damage members contribute isn't beneficial.

2.)A newer raid is on the way and we don't yet know how they will be handled as far as spending guild currency to launch them. If we have to share the pool we may not be doing rancor raid as much making all that time you spent leveling a rancor raid team not as worth it.

The negative is obviously you will get less rewards from raid, but in my opinion even the lower tier rewards are pretty darn good in T7.(last place is still as good as getting 4th place in a t6 raid)

Credit heist is the very obvious best rewards in the game so having a team that can do the top tier is definitely the biggest priority. I think Frettys list is accurate tho I might even put arena team above raid team.
Alright, so I'll continue with what I learned the other day and go scoundrel until I can complete top tier heists. Thanks, Breand!

And just for clarification, are we assuming the new raid will be better than the Rancor raid, or do we know that for a fact? Everything I keep hearing is that when the new raid releases, we will be focusing on that and if need be, dropping Rancor entirely.
Fretty
Guild Wars 2: Fretty The Charming - Mesmer(currently inactive)
Rift: Nico - Cleric Extraordinaire // Fretty - Radical Rogue(currently inactive)
Eve: Fret V2 - EW Master of the Universe (currently inactive)
Your head, my lap. 'Nuff said.
Fretty, at this point we don't know. Rumor is new raid is high level mods only for rewards, and if that's the case Rancor won't be stopped since everyone still needs raid gear.

It's all conjecture at this point, just get your scoundrels put together, now. Keep in mind STHan and Lando double as rebels so they can also help when Palpatine comes around again, which you want.
Skelas

Burnt to a crisp.
Fretty Wrote:Alright, so I'll continue with what I learned the other day and go scoundrel until I can complete top tier heists. Thanks, Breand!

And just for clarification, are we assuming the new raid will be better than the Rancor raid, or do we know that for a fact? Everything I keep hearing is that when the new raid releases, we will be focusing on that and if need be, dropping Rancor entirely.

If currency has to be shared between the 2 raids, I imagine we'll try the new one a few times to see what it's like and then go back to farming rancor for awhile. We are still very new to farming T7 and plenty of people need raid gear. And regardless of his effectiveness, I want Han Solo. =)

But the credit rewards from the top tier Heist is still better than anything gained from raids.
I second that. The importance of getting through gw daily also shouldnt be discounted. Aside from shards, crystals and ability material it can also net 500k a day. Thats 3-6 m in the same time as you take between average 5m for top tier heists.

Just saying.
Just as a heads up, it's been said by the devs that the new raid will have a different pool of currency to launch them, so we will be doing both raids when they come up. So continue working on both, though I'd still probably make the new raid more of a priority since we have the rancor raid on lockdown.
Also. Anyone who runs out of training droids at any time probably isnt spending all their crystal on energy refreshing.

Havent had this problem for 13 months now.

If you spend anything close to 200 or 300 a day on refresh both training droids and sim tickets should stockpile out of the wazoo